Laptop Temp 75 degrees Celsius.

cru3211

Beta member
Bought an external cooler didn't help it was cheap though. My computer is a gaming laptop and is suffering this when running my Internet browser! someons halp meh cool my compooter down.:mad:

75C for what? GPU? CPU?

Best thing to do would be to buy new thermal paste, remove the heatsinks for the GPU/CPU both and clean off the old factory thermal paste. Then apply new thermal paste and re-assemble.

I've done it to both my gaming laptops, as well as a friends. Helps significantly (20*C GPU drop on my Asus G73, 10*C GPU drop on my MSI GT780DX, and a 10*C GPU drop on my buddy's Sony Vaio).

blowing out and dust bunnies and debris from the fan and heatsink fins might help somewhat ..........and you won't need to take it all apart

blowing out and dust bunnies and debris from the fan and heatsink fins might help somewhat ..........and you won't need to take it all apart
Good first step usually, but factory paste isn't great most of the time, especially with overheating laptops.

Sent from my Nexus 7

Good first step usually, but factory paste isn't great most of the time, especially with overheating laptops.

Sent from my Nexus 7

no doubt but some people can possibly disassemble a laptop and not put it back together or it might not boot again ever if they are not familiar with taking laptops apart

no doubt but some people can possibly disassemble a laptop and not put it back together or it might not boot again ever if they are not familiar with taking laptops apart
Depends entirely on the laptop.

My Asus was a PITA to take apart - had to disassemble the whole thing, literally because the heatsinks were on the keyboard side of the motherboard.

My MSI... take off the bottom access panel using 5 screws, and then another 5 screws for the CPU/GPU heatsinks.

My friend's VAIO..similar to my MSI, except the entire bottom plate comes off instead of just an access panel.

My Alienware runs 75C then turns on the fans.

Laptop fan profiles are horrible.

That's why I like my MSI - I can turn on the 100% fan boost whenever I want :D.

Depends entirely on the laptop.

My Asus was a PITA to take apart - had to disassemble the whole thing, literally because the heatsinks were on the keyboard side of the motherboard.

My MSI... take off the bottom access panel using 5 screws, and then another 5 screws for the CPU/GPU heatsinks.

My friend's VAIO..similar to my MSI, except the entire bottom plate comes off instead of just an access panel.

That's why I like my MSI - I can turn on the 100% fan boost whenever I want :D.
Try an HP someday

Back
Top Bottom