Computer games and restart problems.

soc10

Solid State Member
Hello,
So my computer have some serious issues with games.Specifically,everyday i have to run system restore because every single game crash and after this none of the other games will launch at all!But today after the crash the computer keeps restarting before windows, whatever the choice of boot(safe mode etc.).

Any help is appreciated .

Hello,
So my computer have some serious issues with games.Specifically,everyday i have to run system restore because every single game crash and after this none of the other games will launch at all!But today after the crash the computer keeps restarting before windows, whatever the choice of boot(safe mode etc.).

For starters:

1.what are your computers please, also what os do you have ?
2.if the machine is restarting before windows gets to the wlecome screen.
Can you hit f8 and go safemode ?
3.What are the main games you play mostly, when exactly did this problem start up ?

Once I get an answer to all of these, we'll see what we can do from there.

Hello,

Do you mean crash as in BSOD? If so, then disable auto restart on failure.

Go back to the advanced boot menu (the F8 menu like how you got to Safe Mode), and choose "Disable Automatic Restart on System Failure".

Then post the text in all caps at the top, as well as the STOP code, (0x000000##) and it's parameters, located at the bottom; and if there's a driver file (FILENAME.SYS) mentioned under the STOP code.

My computers os is windows 7 and is a vento A8.So my computer by itself starts with an windows error recovery and has all the options for boot(its not BSOD) but whatever the option the result is the same.I don't think there is a "Disable auto restart on system failure" option.My problem occured about a month ago when i installed a game(portal 2).After this the only way to launch a game was to use system restore.As far as safe mode the boot stucks at loading windows files and the last loaded file is \windows\system32\DRIVERS\CLASSPNP.sys

My computers os is windows 7 and is a vento A8.So my computer by itself starts with an windows error recovery and has all the options for boot(its not BSOD) but whatever the option the result is the same.I don't think there is a "Disable auto restart on system failure" option.My problem occured about a month ago when i installed a game(portal 2).After this the only way to launch a game was to use system restore.As far as safe mode the boot stucks at loading windows files and the last loaded file is \windows\system32\DRIVERS\CLASSPNP.sys

Reboot the machine and hit F8, go into safemode without networking.
If you get that far and boot into safemode, go to the control panel.
Go to addremove programs, uninstall portal 2 first.
If successfull I want you to check this nexxt.
Hit start, type in the search bar, eventviewer.exe, once windows pulls it up click it.
Look for windows log, look for system logs and click that.
Show us the error that windows was having before it could not fully boot again in the time line.

Least that way we can see what happen and attempt to reverse that problem.

I mentioned before that whatever the boot option,for example safe mode or safe mode with networking,my computer keeps restarting before windows launch.As far as safe mode the boot stucks at loading windows files and the last loaded file is \windows\system32\DRIVERS\CLASSPNP.sys.Thats the last file that it seems to be loaded from windows files and then computer restarts.The boot i am talking about can not even reach the "welcome" screen of windows.I deleted the game 3 weeks ago.

Last edited:
You might need to check the status of your hard drive, go to the manufacture's web site of your hard drive (Data Lifegard for Western Digital or SeaTools for Seagate drives) Download a DOS version diagnostic boot disk from their support area web site, Burn the .iso boot disk to a cd and boot up your pc with this boot disk, select the option to run a simple and advanced test on the hard drive, if there's an issue you'll get an error code

The Disable restart on failure option is on the same menu as how you get to Safe Mode. Its been there since XP days.
You might need to check the status of your hard drive, go to the manufacture's web site of your hard drive (Data Lifegard for Western Digital or SeaTools for Seagate drives) Download a DOS version diagnostic boot disk from their support area web site, Burn the .iso boot disk to a cd and boot up your pc with this boot disk, select the option to run a simple and advanced test on the hard drive, if there's an issue you'll get an error code
+1 to this. May be getting bad sectors and causing issues.

Sent from my Nexus 7

Thanks for the advice guys,it was not a hard drive issue.I used my windows 7 boot disc and windows stopped restarting.But here is the thing,none of the games i downloaded launch .Can graphics card be the problem?

You'll need to be more specific when you say "don't launch". Does anything come up on screen, then it just closes? Does it say Windows is missing the shortcut? If you open Task Manager and sort Processes alphabetically does it pop up for a second and then go away after you launch?

Back
Top Bottom