I Need Some Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeWalt_Racing17

Beta member
My computer is being dumb. Whenever i dial up onto the internet my computer will restart on me, it always happens but sometimes i can be on the net for an hour and then get restarted and sometimes i can be on for a minute and get restarted. sometimes a message will pop up and tell me that NT Authority/system has activated a sytem shutdown or something and it has a 1:00 timer until it restarts. it must be some kind of virus but my norton antivirus has not picked it up. its not spyware because i got a spyware cleaner that removes that crap. im not sure what to do, can someone help me?

Well, you have the blaster virus. Since you are on dial-up, you cant get all the latest Windows updates. There will be a file you will have to delete, from your C:\WINDOWS\System32 folder, its called something like msblast.exe, msblater.exe, msblast.dll, or something of the likes. Also search your registry and delete all instances of "msblast."

As for having a virus, only an antivirus software or an entry in a hijack log can tell you that for sure. Liz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom