Front power and USB

looks like a got a DOA mobo, i tried to start it without the mobo speaker and I tried to start it with the mobo speaker

nothing happens except the light on the lan cable flashes

you guys think the mobo is DOA ?

none of the fans come on or the HDD
I know the psu is good

what did i do wrong ?

Last edited:
Make sure your RAM is seated securely. Triple check all connections to make sure that they're all secure.

If you still can't get it to come on, then remove the board from the case, lay it on a piece of cardboard, and try to start it up.

Make sure your RAM is seated securely. Triple check all connections to make sure that they're all secure.

If you still can't get it to come on, then remove the board from the case, lay it on a piece of cardboard, and try to start it up.

take the board out of the case and remove all the components and try to boot up just the mobo with the cpu only ?

I think the power button on the case might be faulty

can i switch the reset sw and the power sw cables on the mobo or do they each require different voltage?

(put the power SW in the reset SW slot on the mobo ?)

I dont know how to do that, i would be afraid to fry the mobo

Touch the + and - power pins with a screwdriver or something metal at the same time; doesn't need to be for long.

That's all the power switch is doing internally, is temporarily connecting the 2 pins together inside the switch itself. You won't fry the mobo.

Back
Top Bottom