usb 3.0???

gthirty7s

Baseband Member
hey guys i got a question
i have the carbide air 540 case
it comes with the usb 3.0 connection for the motherboard
and i have the nzxt card reader with usb 3.0 connection as well
and my motherboard only has one plug for the usb 3.0..

is there any way to plug them both in
or i have to give one up??
i tried to looking for some sort of a splitter but couldn't find any

Last edited:
If the media reader and top 2 USB3 ports are in one cable then I suggest to use just those. Otherwise the media reader itself should be a USB2 connection.

If the media reader and top 2 USB3 ports are in one cable then I suggest to use just those. Otherwise the media reader itself should be a USB2 connection.

yes card reader is 2.0

PCI Express USB 3.0 Connector Card: http://www.amazon.com/Anker®-Uspeed...sim_pc_13?ie=UTF8&refRID=0QT868WN76AS69BAVHRD

Seems like a good deal for $20

yea i saw this but im trying to keep inside of the case clean
im just gonna use a usb 3.0 to sub 2.0 converter

I love that case, good quality and workmanship

yea its a great case.

You said prior that the NZXT reader is USB3, but just said it's USB2 :lol:

Just plug in your card reader and leave the cable for the other 2 in the back. Shouldn't need more than 2 USB3 ports in the front anyways. USB3 to USB2 converters look ugly.

You said prior that the NZXT reader is USB3, but just said it's USB2 :lol:

Just plug in your card reader and leave the cable for the other 2 in the back. Shouldn't need more than 2 USB3 ports in the front anyways. USB3 to USB2 converters look ugly.

the nzxt reader is 2.0 the usb ports on the reader is 3.0
cables.jpg

Last edited:
PP that's just for the card reader, He also has another USB 3.0 on the front of the case, I would just use the case 3.0 I have a card reader with USB and barely use it for the USB, Case USB are just right there and conveniently located.

Dauntae

PP that's just for the card reader, He also has another USB 3.0 on the front of the case, I would just use the case 3.0 I have a card reader with USB and barely use it for the USB, Case USB are just right there and conveniently located.

Dauntae
ANd that would be exactly what I was saying before.

Back
Top Bottom