RAM Is Not Detected

Hello,

As the above title mentions, some of the RAM in my system is not being detected. I have 16GB of Ram installed, while only 8GB is detected by Windows System information and UEFI. I have four 4GB sticks of RAM in the system. The odd thing is, I ran CPU-Z and under the memory tab it shows16GB next to the "size" field.

MoBo: AsRock Z77 Extreme 4
RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3 1600 (4 sticks) [Bought 2 8GB kits]
[/SIZE]

Just to be sure it is being recognized, hit ctrl+alt+del button, next hit taskmanager.
Click on the performance tab and view what windows 8.1 sees in memory.
If it only sees 8gb and so does the bios itself the memory might be...
Unseatted or 4 sticks of memory on that motherboard isn't working right.

Reminds me of the problem I had with my socket 370. 478, lga 775 and lga 1156 builds.
Sometimes multiple pair of ram sticks isn't a good thing if I were you I ship it back and get 2 pairs of 8gb at the same speed and voltages.

Least that will prevent that problem from happening again.

And you've tried setting RAM timings, voltage, speed manually?

I'm not quite sure how that would alleviate my problem considering that I can't even tinker with the settings of the RAM that the UEFI doesn't even detect is there, and the 8GB that is there is working fine.

Also I've already looked at both PC info and the performance tab and they both say 8GB. I can't ship the RAM back because I have the RAM for about a year and I don't even have the boxes anymore. Guess I'm kinda SOL.

Have you tried resetting your CMOS? I've had that issue in the past... Remove all RAM, reset your CMOS then put all your RAM back in firmly. Let us kno what happens :)

Back
Top Bottom