Need Mobo recommendation!

Status
Not open for further replies.
thanks alot lazerman, this looks more like what i should be heading for however i have a couple worries, and this is where my noobieness may come into play. Im worried about the AGP speed, its 4X max which is what i have already, lookin for 8X AGP, also the FSB of the mainboard is only 533MHz, assuming oneday i will want to upgrade the CPU which is very likely.

can i also ask for my own knowlege building, what specification on that ASUS mobo you recommended told you it would be compatible with my system, was it the alignment of the CPU housing?

When I look for a compatible CPU and Motherboard, first thing is what socket it is. Your CPU is Socket 478, and so is the motherboard I recommended. Also I believe it is important with intels to see that it supports your chipset, which in your case it does.

well it's a socket 478 motherboard so if you have socket 478 CPU then you're fine. CPU-Z should be able to tell the socket of both your current motherboard and CPU. 478 is the number of pins the CPU has in it so that's how they come up with that number

yeah, but reading back further in this thread i have been told that other factors can make certain 478 socket mainboard incompatible with my CPU. I had and still have trouble understanding that, but it has been said by Lazerman, so im a little apprehensive right now to purchase.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom