ready to build

mud beaver

In Runtime
so my new parts came today, the mobo, the cpu and the ram

the only part that didnt come that I need is the SATA dvd player/burner

I am dieing to put it together but without the optical drive I can not install my OS.

My question is, is there a way to install the OS without the optical drive

i do have a USB flash drive but it only holds 1GB

is there anyway I can get started or do I need to wait until the drive gets here

thanks guys

Microsoft Store

You need a flash drive minimum size of 4GB.

Rip your Windows disc as an ISO in a computer than has a disc drive (use software such as IMGBurn and pick the option "Disc -> Image"), use the MS tool from the link, and put it on a flash drive with enough space.

thats what i figured

I do have the windows 7 iso image on a dvd but my flash drive isnt big enough

looks like i have to wait for my sata dvd drive to come first:annoyed:

so my new parts came today, the mobo, the cpu and the ram

the only part that didnt come that I need is the SATA dvd player/burner

I am dieing to put it together but without the optical drive I can not install my OS.

My question is, is there a way to install the OS without the optical drive

i do have a USB flash drive but it only holds 1GB

is there anyway I can get started or do I need to wait until the drive gets here

thanks guys

Stop being lame and put the computer together, should take less than 20 minutes.
If you have a 4gb sd card laying around somewhere and use sd card adapter that will work also.
Read the guide on putting together your computer here or check youtube.
Use windows 7 usb tool and use it the sameway like a usb flash drive.
The only thing I can think of is linux for now:
http://www.linuxliveusb.com/en/download

https://www.archlinux.org/download/

A ex-friend of mine use that back in 2011, he swore by it and used it all because he hate windows.
I don't like arch for many reasons but in circumstances like yours that will do if you have no other resources.

If there is big lot or walgreens near home, go their first, walmart is getting abit too high lately.

but i like being lame lol

When I get done with you this 2014 you won't be. :devil:
When I got my LGA775 celeron D 347 gigabyte mobo and ram.
Guess how long it took me to build it and have it boot in one go ?
Less than 15 minutes, built the machine with only 150 bucks so money was abit too tight.
Had windows xp professional up and running within 30 minutes.
Everyone hates the celery, but at the time I felt like I scored the 1 million dollar jackpot.
CPU was a wolfdale too which made it better, OC real good, too bad for limited ram or else I would oc passed 4.0ghz.

thanks man :)

just working on the small details before I dive in and build it

when i first boot it up do i need to go into the bios and change the hard drive section from IDE to AHCS or do I need to install the OS first then worry about changing that ?

thanks again you guys

thanks man :)

just working on the small details before I dive in and build it

when i first boot it up do i need to go into the bios and change the hard drive section from IDE to AHCS or do I need to install the OS first then worry about changing that ?

thanks again you guys
Make sure its set to AHCI before installing the OS.

No shame in taking your time with your first build. Took me around an hour or so with my first, including taking pics of the build as I went.

Sent from my Nexus 7

Back
Top Bottom