processor question

Nestle

Beta member
I have a dell gx620 foxconn I s-36 mobo 4gigs ram 3.40 ghz ht processor, amd hd 6750 graphics. corsair 600 watt power supply. I want to change my processor to
a dual core e2200. I don't know if its compatible or not. The board its in is a foxconn n15235. Would I be ok swapping processors. Or should I strip my dell parts and load them onto the n15235? Only problem is the 15235 has only 2 ram bays so id drop from 4 gigs ram to 2 gigs. Any help is much appreciated . Thank you.

You won't be able to use Windows 8.1 with the Pent D 8x series chips, so getting the Pent 9x series chips would be better if you plan on using Windows 8.1

You won't be able to use Windows 8.1 with the Pent D 8x series chips, so getting the Pent 9x series chips would be better if you plan on using Windows 8.1

I plan on keeping windows 7 , 64 bit. So would I be better off going over to the dual core and making that my computer of choice. Or are both these in the same ball park basically?

If you have DDR3 laying about then that would be the better option because you can upgrade to a better Core 2 Quad later on the better Foxconn board.

I have 2 gigs of it. The l s36 board has 4 gigs and the Pentium 4 3.4 ht in it. Is it worth dropping 2 gigs ram for the dual core board for4 now?

Last edited:
Just remember that the L36 uses DDR2 and the other uses DDR3. Is it worth it? That's entirely up to you and what you do on the machine. It's much cheaper to buy another 2GB of DDR3 and the Core 2 Duo will be much faster than what you have now.

Just remember that the L36 uses DDR2 and the other uses DDR3. Is it worth it? That's entirely up to you and what you do on the machine. It's much cheaper to buy another 2GB of DDR3 and the Core 2 Duo will be much faster than what you have now.

I appreciate your advice. Ram is a lot cheaper than buying a new computer. Ill just swap over then. Thank you again.

Back
Top Bottom