Monitor Causing Artifacting

Mikepsyche

In Runtime
My 21.5 Inch 1920x1080 HP 2159m is artifacting. It usually happens once every few days, for about 10 minutes. The monitor is about 6 years old; I assume this is the beginning of its death.

I switched between its VGA and DVI, and HDMI ports; the artifacting occurred eventually with every port.

My main question is whether or not there's anything I can do to revive it. Any part I can replace that would cost me half or less the cost of replacing the entire monitor?

(a bit of a lost cause, but I'd really appreciate any advice on it - preferably not "just get a better monitor")

Can you provide an example of said artifacting?

What are your GPU load temps? When was the last time you cleaned out the ol 260 and did a repaste?

Oh my, I forgot a huge detail - I'm running this 1080 HP in addition to a 1680x1050 Acer - the Acer hasn't displayed any artifcacting at all.

I'll take a photo with my phone next time it happens.

It happens during general use, maybe more often during gaming. It hasn't happened on my Acer monitor yet, although I only ever display games on the HP.

Do you have another video card to test it on, or have you tried both DVI ports on the card with just the HP monitor? There is a good chance the cable or port can be going bad too.

Back
Top Bottom