Need help OC'ing my Q6600 with P35-DS3R ...again

Cpuz is fairly accurate enough but pencil mods were very easy and also very reversible if benefits aren't noticed. I remember mine being very effective back in the day.

Not for earlier boards. When we went to digital PWM and higher end components in lower end boards (Sandy/P67) CPU-Z became more accurate but it isn't always so. It just depends on the board and how accurate it can accommodate for the droop when sending off the response from the sensor.

Hey Poizen, thanks for the pencil mod suggestion however I think I will end my oc here.
I doubt my gaming performance or cpu usage speed will increase with more speed.
I think I'm happy with the +1ghz increase in speed.
Only thing is my temps are around 40-45 on idle, but if that's not bad for this cpu then i'm ok with it.
I'll keep trying to lower my voltage and test.
What should my temps not go over on load while running prime?

40-45 is decent for that CPU, that OC, and on air. You can safely do up to 90c, but I would make sure it doesn't go above 80c. Long as you're around there you're ok.

40-45 is decent for that CPU, that OC, and on air. You can safely do up to 90c, but I would make sure it doesn't go above 80c. Long as you're around there you're ok.

Alright thanks.
I guess my cpu is never gonna be at 100% all the time like prime so it safe to say i won't get that high.
I might try running prime95 for an hour and see how far it gets.

I just installed another case fan, had one laying around(finally found the screws.
I could add another to the case door however i doubt it will help much.
gpu idles around 35 and gets to 70 on load

I feel like i've gotten everything working pretty good.
So far I'm at 1.45 and 3.4ghz.
I feel like if i try messing with it anymore i will loose it all.
I finally got all 4 of my sticks at 800 so that helps too.

Alright thanks.
I guess my cpu is never gonna be at 100% all the time like prime so it safe to say i won't get that high.

If you play games like BF4 it will. And no, a Q6600 is not nearly enough CPU to play BF4 well. My 660Ti is bottlenecked big time because of it.

Back
Top Bottom