AMD or Intel, pulling the trigger

#1 Get your facts right please go check the current price tag for the 8350 its not 300.00 dollar chip.

#3 PP he was trying to show you that amd fx9350 had an edge in gaming.
Yeah it trumped some of intels ivy bridge higher end cpus.
I never thought it could at first but amd can still match intel blow to blow if they wanted to.

#4 Hi matt good to see you back, by the way before you support your friend look at the information provided please before jumping the gun.
Your pwnage got cancelled thanks man.

Games are becoming more quad core+ optimized, especially with consoles being 8 core computers. Also you can just get a FX 8320 or something and overclock the **** out of it. Right now my chip is running at 4.4GHZ, which would be me like buying and fx 9370, only I saved $90.

I wasn't expecting to be drawing 220 watts from my 120 watt board though, I figured my 8+2 VRM would help, I really should have gotten a 990FX board, but it was out of budget.

In the future spend $20-$30 on a cooler, which you can keep if you upgrade, and then overclock your CPU like crazy, you will get really good performance as other posters have said, def worth getting a cooler

Last edited:
#1 Get your facts right please go check the current price tag for the 8350 its not 300.00 dollar chip.
Yeah its a good one alright but I still prefer amd hexas over this.

#2Backing up joe:

#3 PP he was trying to show you that amd fx9350 had an edge in gaming.
Yeah it trumped some of intels ivy bridge higher end cpus.
I never thought it could at first but amd can still match intel blow to blow if they wanted to.

#4 Hi matt good to see you back, by the way before you support your friend look at the information provided please before jumping the gun.
Your pwnage got cancelled thanks man.
I do have my facts straight. The 9590 is over 300 for a chip new and a board that properly supports it costs over 200. That chip is nothing more than an over clocked 8350. The results are irrelevant regardless of those benches. He has a 4th gen Intel setup now and with a simple overclock on his little dual core which cost less than the price of even the 8350 he can rival a 4790k i7 which trumps all processors currently at game. He doesn't need some high end board nor does he need to drop cash on ridiculous cooling because it uses less than 100w over clocked. End of discussion really.

Edit: God I hate being on a phone. No games really aren't being more optimized. The new consoles are 8 core sure, but their computational power is that of one of our quads. So that being said they really can't draw too much more than they are now. Not to mention games like Watch Dogs that are heavily threaded are bloated for no real reason that I can see. I get 0 benefit from overclocking on that game and it can take up to 75% of 6 cores. Yet you have other games like AC4 that uses one thread.

Sent from my Z740 using TechForums

Last edited:
all I plan on playing is the Arma2 mod DayZ really, in a few weeks, after I get the EVGA GTX 750 SC, a new HDD and an SSD, I am gonna start playing BF3 maybe BF4 and DayZ SA

thanks again for all the info guys

I do have my facts straight. The 9590 is over 300 for a chip new and a board that properly supports it costs over 200. That chip is nothing more than an over clocked 8350.

He doesn't need some high end board nor does he need to drop cash on ridiculous cooling because it uses less than 100w over clocked. End of discussion really.

The new consoles are 8 core sure, but their computational power is that of one of our quads. So that being said they really can't draw too much more than they are now. Not to mention games like Watch Dogs that are heavily threaded are bloated for no real reason that I can see. I get 0 benefit from overclocking on that game and it can take up to 75% of 6 cores. Yet you have other games like AC4 that uses one thread.

Sent from my Z740 using TechForums

Anyone could have told you the 9350 not that special like amd claimed it to be read my first line please.
Watch dogs is repeating the same issue like crysis series did, few years later most newer end chips can handle it no prob.
Give it till the middle of 2015 and that problem should be cured on both cpu makers part.

What gets me is you have a nice expensive chip, you oc on it for that game or anything else ?
Just leave the thing at 3.6ghz or 3.8ghz, have the antivirus/firewall or whatever crap you have going on be disable.
Reduce the resolution down some, I know you love your graphics and colors but too much details and what not in any game.
Would make the cpu work more harder than it needs to causing you a problem soon or later down the road.
You should see a better difference, if not just play something else until it improves. :/

LOL I play the DayZ SA and it can be boring at times but I find it very oddly addicting lol the glitches in the SA get you some times though, I have a AKM and actually found the 75 round drum for it, attached it and played for a while then quit to get a bite to eat and when I signed back in the 30 round clip was in the gun and the drum was gone DOH so I found a second 30 round but still searching for that drum.

Anyone could have told you the 9350 not that special like amd claimed it to be read my first line please.
Watch dogs is repeating the same issue like crysis series did, few years later most newer end chips can handle it no prob.
Give it till the middle of 2015 and that problem should be cured on both cpu makers part.

What gets me is you have a nice expensive chip, you oc on it for that game or anything else ?
Just leave the thing at 3.6ghz or 3.8ghz, have the antivirus/firewall or whatever crap you have going on be disable.
Reduce the resolution down some, I know you love your graphics and colors but too much details and what not in any game.
Would make the cpu work more harder than it needs to causing you a problem soon or later down the road.
You should see a better difference, if not just play something else until it improves. :/
Totally missed the point I was making towards Steve. The game has that much usage, but when overclocked it gives no performance benefits. Means the game really isn't CPU bound at all, although the game itself is resource inflated from Ubisoft so not really the best description.

My biggest deal here is the guy has a 75 dollar chip that can perform like a 300 dollar one and anybody screaming AMD shouldn't be. Why make him buy into a dead platform? The 8350 is slower than his upgrade options for socket 1150 already, and while overclocked can perform better than the 8350 he can't afford anyways. That's been my deal this whole time. This whole thread was junked due to a stupid AMD vs Intel war for no reason. The absolute best option for him and his budget was what I specified.

I mostly play the DayZ mod, I play on the Emerge server for pvp and then the 64Bit over poch server for base building with my friends

I pay a lot of BC2 also on the Beer and **** HC rush mode server

cant wait to play again

thanks again guys

Back
Top Bottom