Dvi Vs. HDMI

alanportman

Solid State Member
Hi all, my brother bought a new LED TV a few weeks ago and he wants to connect it to his computer on old GeForce 9600gt. There is no HDMI port, just 2 vga. I wonder if it's a big difference between hdmi & vga picture quality? Is it worth buying a new card?
He is not a gamer, upgrade is not necessary.
Thanks.

A reference 9600GT has 2 DVI, not VGA. Both HDMI and DVI use the same digital video signal. He can use a DVI to HDMI adapter or cable to output to his TV.

Yes, you are right, there are 2 DVI's, sorry i always mix up those two :/ . That sounds great, i saw this cable (dvi to hdmi) in a local store for $3 6ft. Going to get that one.
Thanks for the answer.

No prob. And if he's not gaming, it'll do fine. I have a 9600GT in my machine pushing my 2nd and 3rd monitors and it does it fine. Nice little single slot package and never gets hot on the bottom of my case.

It's a good card, video reproduction is working well at 1080p with phenom II x3 cpu, everything is fine except that we had to modify the fan on this 9600gt Gainward. Stock fan is dead and stopped working, WD40 didn't help either and we put one 8 inch fan to cool. It's even more silent now.

Lucky for me the person who owned this thing before me took care of it and kept the dust out. Hopefully it doesn't die anytime soon because honestly I don't really pay much attention to it :p

Back
Top Bottom