Slow Windows Boot

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeadMan789

Baseband Member
I have tryed many solutions to fix this, but nothing helps. I am currently running a 6 month old computer:
AMD 2600 Athlon XP
512 Ram
80G hd
256mb Video card
Windows Xp Professional SP2

when ever i start up windows at the screen where the little blue bar goes back and forth It always takes a while( the bar goes by about 20 times) I removed Norton 2004 a while back and it brought the boot time down by a great amount. But it still takes a while. I have tryed to reduce MSCONFIG/Startup as much as i can. I am currently useing AVG antivirus. The only programs that run during startup are:

ITouch: for my logitech keyboard
AVGcc32: Antivirus
Jusched: Something for Java applet
ctfMon: No idea...
Microsoft Office: somethintg to do with office XP

Those are the only ones. Also New.Det keeps chekin itself off to load on startup i dont know how i got it but Ad-Aware isnt picking it up in itz scanz. Please help me!!

Deadman(INC)

Ok i have removed CTFmon gonna retsart in a second. Just another Quick question if i enable the Windows XP SP2 firewall will this slow down my connection and/or slow my downloads down?

Indeed, I hate sp2. This is the second worst thing to come out from Microsoft since windows me

Spywares are in ur computer !!!

I had gone through this stage by......

1st, format ur computer and install all mcafee security suite components including virus scan, firewall and stuff. They do the good job on blocking unwanted virus and spywares.

2nd, try "ghostsurf" becuz it helps u to protect ur internet privacy.

Conclusion, I hav done all this and my comp never had any problem going into any unsecure websites which give tons of spyware and stuff.

ur loading time should now be within 10 bars, CHEERS

Checked mine..it goes by 8 times. I have xp-pro sp2, 1gig ram with a 2.8 P4. I pretty much leave things as they are when the system installs and don't tune startup. Kind of interesting thing to compare startup times.

If you know about your bios and know how to go through it and have a motherboard book go through all the bios settings with the book and change thw settings accordingly.If you dont know what your doing dont do it.Your bios might have scan on boot enabled or some other setting like that taking all that time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom