PLEASE HELP PULLING MY HAIR OUT

9white5

Solid State Member
Hey everyone, i just want to start this out by saying that i know almost nothing about computers..

Anyway, I bought a MIDI Keyboard about 2 months ago (Novation Impulse 49) and I've had SUCH a hard time getting it to work reliably. The weird thing is that it works about 25% of the time that i have it plugged in, but the other 75% my mac (OSX 10.9) doesnt even detect it. I got an appointment with the Apple Store and one of the people there thought theyd fixed it, (They thought it was a problem with the chord) but its running into the same problem. I've just tried unplugging it and plugging it back in to different usb ports on my computer about 5 times, restarted it twice.. all to no avail :( Does anyone have any idea what the problem could be? Please dumb your answers down though if you have any, I'm not a computer wizz :p

Also, i'm not sure how much this matters, but even when my computer doesnt detect it the keyboard still lights up and everything, as though its working.

Thanks!

i would try and get that keyboard replaced. it could be a damaged keyboard.
wen you buy something and it gives you a hard time and cant get it to work in a couple of days just go back to the store and get it replaced to see its a damaged product.

I'd try it on another computer if you have access to one to see if it is indeed an issue with the keyboard or your computer.

If it works on another computer... then the issue is with your system.
If it does the same thing and acts up on another system... then the issue is the keyboard and you should get it replaced.

Back
Top Bottom