QX6700 Max multiplier

kareklas

Baseband Member
Hello,i tested my pc few hours ago.I set my DRAM to OC and i had 3Ghz Core speed of CPU as CPU-Z said.I set to auto again and i increased the multiplier to 11 and i have 2.9.After that i gave 1 more up to 12 and pc worked well until windows was almost ready i took blue screen.I dont know why i just ask for your opinion.Take the risk and increase to 12 again , go for 10 and set DRAM OC or leave it at 11?

You shouldn't be messing with your DRAM at all, or FSB. To overclock you'll need to add voltage to your CPU. The max I would use is 1.3v on your board. Anymore and you could potentially blow your board.

How to add voltage?

Btw i increased multiplier to 12 again and i got blue screen again...

Last edited:
There should be a setting in the bios. If there isn't, you're screwed. You can only go so far without adding voltage to stabilize the clocks.

OCed RAM and bus now is running at 304 instead of 260 and i have now core clock of cpu running at 3Ghz...Isn't better?Should i go increase multiplier to 11 or leave it as it is?

Raising the multiplier itself raises the core clock of your processor. The whole point of having an "extreme" or "K" class CPU is so it's easier to overclock. OCing your RAM can cause instability where I think in this case you should just concentrate on your CPU clock speed. And still take into consideration that the higher the frequency you go it will require upping the voltage to maintain stability in which you cannot do. Just keep that in mind.

Ye but i can't increase the voltage of my cpu.My board won't let me do it because there's no option to do it in my bios.If i raise the multiplier up one and i don't get Blue Screen i'll be fine?Should i risk it or not?

Yea hence my last sentence. The higher you go, the more need for voltage. I think 3GHz is probably as safe you can go without needing to increase.

Back
Top Bottom