GT780DXR GPU upgrade

75c isn't even hot for a GPU, laptop or not. Your chip shouldn't throttle until it hits 100 or 105c, let alone reboot. Your power delivery could be insufficient or the bios might not be working properly with the card itself.

Then I guess I'll try to check out the bios via some method, or else it could be power...
Any suggestions?

Extra information:
After removing the battery, my computer ran fine for about 2 hours playing the same game.
Then, the next day, it started restarting again, and has continued to.
I bought a laptop cooler and the temperature stays low, but still restarts.
Any suggestions?

New information: tried running the game on the lowest graphics, nothing overheated, but the computer still restarted.
Tried removing the battery, it seemed to run fine for an evening, about 2 hours.
But then just last night it crashed again、this is driving me mad.
Another forum suggested this: MS-16F2 GT683DXR - Not so random shutdowns, need help troubleshooting
You think that it is the video card chips? So I should get a new card?

I'd say it's the next best thing to try, considering that's the component you replaced. Can you return it for a replacement?

What's the wattage consumption of the new GPU vs the old, and what is the wattage of your power adapter? It could be pulling slightly more than your old GPU which undervolting can cause a reboot or crash. That would also make sense as to why it lasts longer with the battery out.

What's the wattage consumption of the new GPU vs the old, and what is the wattage of your power adapter? It could be pulling slightly more than your old GPU which undervolting can cause a reboot or crash. That would also make sense as to why it lasts longer with the battery out.

first page :p

Only issue I could see is that it I think it has a slightly higher TDP (100w vs ~75w of the 570m), so your battery might not last as long.

It's more than just battery though, like I was saying. TDP isn't wattage consumed, so the wattage consumed could be more than what's being provided. It's the same as pulling too much from a PC PSU.

I already have a 180W ACAD though, so it can't get better?
It does seem like something like that though, when the card is hot it restarts the computer, so it is related to drawing more power to keep itself cool...
Did you happen to read the solution on that other forum, do you think it's similar?

Back
Top Bottom