Win2k help ..

Status
Not open for further replies.

narcot1kz

Baseband Member
well my computer jus seems to be dying , but hopefully its just windows , ok first it didnt detect all my ram , so i rebooted til it said my ram was normal , then it stopped detecting my D Drive , which i had ot keep rebooting til it did , and now i cant go into add remove programs when i try to i get this error
"An unexpected error occurred

Wrong number of arguments or invalid property assignment
res://appwiz.cpl/default.hta
Line: 77 "

I havent installed anything new or downloaded anyting these things have jus started to happen out of the blue , I know a few months back my moms fiance accidently wet the whole back side of my computer , which i hear that could also take time to start damaging my pc cause 7 days after he wet my pc it started erorring , blue screening , but i thought nothing of it i just reformatted but i been haveing more problems but they go away and come back , so if not windows could that be it ?

narcot1kz said:
I know a few months back my moms fiance accidently wet the whole back side of my computer , which i hear that could also take time to start damaging my pc cause 7 days after he wet my pc it started erorring , blue screening

hmm..it could be that or something else....probably the mobo.

whats your system specs? os?

specs are

(CPU) 1-Intel Pentium III (Cu), 680MHz, 256KB (0% Load) .:. (RAM) usage: 160/512MB (31.25%) .:.
(GFX) RADEON 7500, (Display) 1024x768/32bit/60Hz
(OS) Windows 2000 Professional, Service Pack 2 (5.0 - 2195), (installed for) 11w 7h 40m, (uptime) 1d 1h 26m 10s .:.
(HDDs) 8.08G/26.92G(30%) free

and also my cpu usage keeps spiking to 100 % even when i just come here to post :( I'll open it in a sec and check

add/remove programs error, An unexpected error occured.

When I click on add/remove programs in control panel. This is the exact error message I get in a dialog box. An unexpected error occured . Wrong number of arguements or invalid property assignment res://sp3res.dll/default.htaline:84

I searched thru Microsoft technet for answers and got nothing. I Yahoo searched and led me to the tech forums and found 2 error messages that was close to mine. I tried different options with no luck. After hours of configuring I was able to get a resolution. Error message finally went away. I reinstalled just the SP4 for Win2k. No change and then I went back to control panel, clicked on add/remove windows components, enabled script debugger, opened windows explorer, tools, folder options, clicked restore defaults for all tabs and rebooted PC. I dared the annoying error message to come back and never did. Rebooted a few more times and still no error message. I thank all of you for taking the time to share your troubleshooting tips. These Tech forums Rock and free. Good luck to all and I hope this works for anyone who had the same error message.
Â…Â…Â…Mario

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom