AMD or Intel, pulling the trigger

Obviously you did not read my link....
The Intel graphics suck...period so plan on spending extra for a discrete GPU, which you'll need to add to the total price of the OP's build cost
Haswell Integrated Graphics Benchmarks

AMD fans may be ready to declare non-victory and go home, but let's now look at where the A10-6800K is made to really live: in integrated graphics.

For that test, we ripped the GeForce GTX 580 card from the systems and compared the respective CPUs on their graphics prowess. The Core i3-3220 represented HD2500, the Core i7-3770 flew the flag for HD4000, and the new Haswell Core i7-4770K shows up with HD4600. AMD's A10-6800K features Radeon HD 8670D graphics. All three were running dual-channel DDR3/1600 RAM. For those who don't know, if you intend to run integrated graphics only and want the best gaming performance, pay for the fastest RAM you can afford, as DDR3/1866 or DDR3/2133 will give you nice benefits.
3DMark Performance Overall
3dmark11performanceoverall.png
The A10 doesn't disappoint. It simply destroys the HD2500 and HD4000 graphics. Intel's new HD4600 gets closer, but there's no cigar. Maybe HD Graphics 5200 aka Iris Pro will beat it, but we didn't have it to test. These are overall scores, and higher is better.
3dmark11performancegraphics_0.png
This test isolates the graphics, and we again see the A10 make a monkey out of all of the Intel parts. Don't expect this to change much, either. These are overall scores, and higher is better.
3dmark11extremegraphics.png

There's more to this story but I think you get the idea
and the FM line of AMD's cpu's are backwards compatible too

I do admit that Intel cpu's have better compute power and when I upgrade I'm probably going to continue using the Intel cpu's too. But dollar for dollar against the AMD vs Intel for on board craphics, the AMD's are a much better value for a gaming pc. For a budget build, AMD's are still a very good

Last edited:
He is getting a discrete GPU. Did you not read the thread? Dude, I know exactly how each processor on the market performs right now. You're showing me charts full of numbers I already know, hence why I told you the i3 performs better than the A10 in every single game benchmark without having to look.. Because I already know. Ask MalcomX, when you add a GPU to an APU setup they suck, hard. Hence the reason why he jumped ship finally and why I'm trying make sure the OP makes the right decision.
Not to mention you linked 3dmark charts. 3dmark has never been respectfully comparable to real game performance.

Your point exactly? A 300+ dollar overclocked 8350 that requires a board that can adequately handle 250+W usage, compared to a stock clocked 3rd gen overpriced 1000 dollar workstation processor. Not real sure where you're going with that.

Your point exactly? A 300+ dollar overclocked 8350 that requires a board that can adequately handle 250+W usage, compared to a stock clocked 3rd gen overpriced 1000 dollar workstation processor. Not real sure where you're going with that.

lol u pwn Mguire.

hey guys,
one more quick question .

the cpu i bought says that it supports DDR3 - 1333MHz ram but I bought DDR3 - 1600 Ram, are they gonna work together ?

the cpu i bought is this, in the description is says supports ddr3 1333
Amazon.com: Intel Pentium Processor G3258 4 BX80646G3258: Computers & Accessories

and the ram i bought is this
http://www.amazon.com/Crucial-Balli...B006WAGGUK/ref=psdc8_t1_B006YG9E7O_B006WAGGUK

also in some places it says the cpu i bought has 2 cores and other places it says it has 4 cores, how many cores does it actually have ?

thanks again for all the help and info guys

Last edited:
JDEC standard is 1333 which is why it says that. You can use whatever speed but anything above 1600 has no gains.

Concentrate on getting your rig together. We'll work on overclocking later.

Back
Top Bottom