buy winxp fullversion or upgrade?

Status
Not open for further replies.

warcraftunit

Solid State Member
i was wondering what would be better to buy winxp fullversion or the winxp upgrade and wut is the difference. I get alot of problems with my comp and would know which could i use just to reformat my comp.

If you currently are using an OS by MS like Windows 2000, then feel free to buy the upgrade. But I would personally recommend the full version.

-Dan The Man

i would never buy an upgrade, for one reason only, if u need to reformat, u have to install one os then the other, waste of time.

delldude4100 said:
i would never buy an upgrade, for one reason only, if u need to reformat, u have to install one os then the other, waste of time.

I must disagree with this, you can use an upgrade disk to install fresh but during install it will ask you for a CD from another OS that is eligable for the upgrade. This is just to make sure you are eligable for the upgrade.

Josh

you can use the upgrade cd to wipe your hard drive clean and do a fresh install. and you will have a full version

the rational behind the upgrade cd was to make it cheaper for people who already had a computer, not to cut back on features

Josh18657 said:
I must disagree with this, you can use an upgrade disk to install fresh but during install it will ask you for a CD from another OS that is eligable for the upgrade. This is just to make sure you are eligable for the upgrade.

Josh

oh you beat me to it.
Josh18657 said:
but during install it will ask you for a CD from another OS that is eligable for the upgrade

Josh

if you boot from the cd, you will bypass this

EricB said:
oh you beat me to it.

if you boot from the cd, you will bypass this

Nice to know, I usually only use OEM versions of XP but i will definatly keep this in mind.

Josh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom