AMD or Intel, pulling the trigger

thanks PP Mguire,

so I should use the RAM you mentioned above with the AMD setup and go with the AMD build ?

Last edited:

AMD FX-4350 Vishera Quad-Core 4.2GHz Socket AM3+ 125W Desktop Processor FD4350FRHKBOX - Newegg.com

MSI 760GMA-P34(FX) AM3+ AMD 760G SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 Micro ATX AMD Motherboard - Newegg.com

Visiontek 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Black Label Desktop Memory Model 900408 - Newegg.com

EVGA 01G-P3-3731-KR GeForce GT 730 1GB 64-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 Low Profile Ready Video Card - Newegg.com

Before you even think about hitting the button to buy a lame FM2 build consider a AMD AM3+ socket builds.

This system would be great medium high end gaming and the amd fx series is good windows desktop work.
Which ever idiot said that amd cpu is not good for gaming bundled with a good gpu doesn't know what they're talking about.

If your price budget is 250.00 by chance this would be perfect.

so Mguire you say to go with the cheaper intel setup but with the RAM you mentioned

MIke says to go the AMD route but with the parts he mentioned, minus the graphics card though because im gonna get a new card in a few weeks

my budget is about 200 but can stretch to 250 but i have to buy the parts at amazon.com

also will i need a NIC card or do most mobos have a built in ethernet port ?
my old mobo did

now i am even more unsure of what to do lol

Last edited:
Both AMD and Intel on the low to mid range systems are good, But with the intel 1150 socket you can upgrade all the way to the top end CPU without having to upgrade anything else so I'd say go with the Intel so if you decide to upgrade down the road you can just put a new CPU and call it a day without worrying about a new MB, All MB's except server and specialty MB's come with a good Ethernet and good sound cards built in already.

Dauntae

Back
Top Bottom