$3000 Paper Weight....

Millgo

Beta member
I recently bought a EVGA GeForce GTX 780 Ti Superclocked with ACX Cooler 3G.
It's been a nightmare; It first wouldn't read the card, so I figured my motherboard was old so I bought a new one. Asus P8Z77-V LK installed that, updated to lastest BIOs and then tired the GTX again.. nothing, so I figured I'd buy a new power supply bought a CORSAIR HX Series HX750 750W, Still nothing... so I figured the card was DOA, I took it back got a new card (same card) and tried it... still didn't work even tried different PCIE slots.
I went through every possible checklist.
Changed the BIOs from Auto to PCIE and it just says no signal then switches back to on board.
Tried DVI,HDMI etc all the hook ups and nothing.
I have no clue what to even try anymore, went through all the BIOs settings couldn't find anything else to do with PCIE slots etc. The card is getting power I just think something in BIOs is maybe causing it not to read the card, I'm out of ideas

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I recently bought a EVGA GeForce GTX 780 Ti Superclocked with ACX Cooler 3G.
It's been a nightmare; It first wouldn't read the card, so I figured my motherboard was old so I bought a new one. Asus P8Z77-V LK installed that, updated to lastest BIOs and then tired the GTX again.. nothing, so I figured I'd buy a new power supply bought a CORSAIR HX Series HX750 750W, Still nothing... so I figured the card was DOA, I took it back got a new card (same card) and tried it... still didn't work even tried different PCIE slots.
I went through every possible checklist.
Changed the BIOs from Auto to PCIE and it just says no signal then switches back to on board.
Tried DVI,HDMI etc all the hook ups and nothing.
I have no clue what to even try anymore, went through all the BIOs settings couldn't find anything else to do with PCIE slots etc. The card is getting power I just think something in BIOs is maybe causing it not to read the card, I'm out of ideas

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Install nvidia drivers while using integrated video. Then plug card in. You try this?

sounds to me like you have a dead card mate. i would request a replacement.
is a stupid question but you did plug both pci-e power plugs right?

Last edited:
sounds to me like you have a dead card mate. i would request a replacement.
is a stupid question but you did plug both pci-e power plugs right?

2 dead cards in a row seems unlikely, I'd think.

@OP: did you check to make sure your RAM isn't loose? Tried only 1 stick at a time in various slots? Tried removing any other PCI / expansion cards you have installed?

Do the fans on the card spin up at all?

Back
Top Bottom