BSOD and no post

I just found out that I may have been hacked/attacked
is it possible for someone to destroy my system bios from a remote system ?

Sorry but that is not currently possible yet, hackers target destroying the windows/linux/mac system environment.
Most notable damage you'll take is hard drives/ssd loosing information or dying after the chaos is over with.

Like carnage I also want to know where you found out you've been attacked online.
Isn't your system suppose to be down ?
No way possible you could have found that out.
Not unless the machine is operational and you have direct proof of error messages from av/firewall if you have them.

a friend of mine told me about the possibility today when i got on team speak with him, my system is still down but he says they are bragging about damage they did ......

semi short version

the last few days my friends and I have been having some trouble with a few of our clan mates, we play dayz, the arma 2 mod

we played and donated to a private hive epoch server and one of our clan mates became friends with the owners and became admin, long story short he abused his admin powers till the server became empty, we complained to the owners and instead of fixing the problem then became mad at us

anyway they are REALLY mad at us and one of two of them are hackers and they made threats to us and we just laughed thinking they were idle threats as usually happen in this kinda situation

then my computer goes crazy, i get the bsod and now my system is disabled

could be a coincidence or bad timing etc but i wanted to know if such a thing is possible if someone was mad enough at some one could they hack into a persons bios and mess up the entire system

Sorry but that is not currently possible yet, hackers target destroying the windows/linux/mac system environment.
Most notable damage you'll take is hard drives/ssd loosing information or dying after the chaos is over with.
Actually it is possible; albeit they are very advanced exploits and generally not widespread and usually rare (and usually patched by now anyway).

i.e. badBIOS: http://arstechnica.com/security/201...erious-mac-and-pc-malware-that-jumps-airgaps/

a friend of mine told me about the possibility today when i got on team speak with him, my system is still down but he says they are bragging about damage they did ......

semi short version

the last few days my friends and I have been having some trouble with a few of our clan mates, we play dayz, the arma 2 mod

we played and donated to a private hive epoch server and one of our clan mates became friends with the owners and became admin, long story short he abused his admin powers till the server became empty, we complained to the owners and instead of fixing the problem then became mad at us

anyway they are REALLY mad at us and one of two of them are hackers and they made threats to us and we just laughed thinking they were idle threats as usually happen in this kinda situation

could be a coincidence or bad timing etc but i wanted to know if such a thing is possible if someone was mad enough at some one could they hack into a persons bios and mess up the entire system

I vote it's most likely a coincidence.

Let me give you something nice to remember by
If that actually did happen and if you know who the attackers are flip them a bird and cut your ties with them.
Don't seek out revenge not unless you have a comrad who can dish out damages far more better than you can.
Go elsewhere and don't have anything more to do with them.

For now all we can do is wait and see whats wrong with that computer.
If worse case scenario happens you'll be better off starting out with a new computer if money is not an issue down the road.

Intel Pentium G2120 Ivy Bridge Dual-Core 3.1GHz LGA 1155 Desktop Processor BX80637G2120 - Newegg.com
ASRock B75M-GL R2.0 LGA 1155 Intel B75 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 Micro ATX Intel Motherboard with UEFI BIOS - Newegg.com

Thats just a little sample of what you can currently afford with under 200.00.

@carnage: I heard about bios hacking in the past but I didnt it would become possible until I saw this.
Scientist-developed malware covertly jumps air gaps using inaudible sound | Wilders Security Forums

Still though it hasn't happen yet or no one has reported a bios hack/attack yet.

thanks man I had no idea stuff was so cheap

i bought a psu for 40 bucks if that doesnt fix it then i will just buy that mobo and cpu and be good to go, thanks for that

so maybe i am the first case of someone having their bios hacked ?
lol what do i win? a spot in the wiki ?

on a side note.....when you get threatened like that over the net especially with gaming stuff you always think they are full of BS until its too late

damn that board only has 2 slots. to bad i could have sold him a 8gb kit i have is 4x2gb for like $50 im using 1866mhz so i dont need it

damn that board only has 2 slots. to bad i could have sold him a 8gb kit i have is 4x2gb for like $50 im using 1866mhz so i dont need it

Hmm if you don't mind cutting your prices abit cheaper pm 4gb of your ram "2" sticks for $30 shipped paypal ?

Personally I recommend he get the kingston if money isn't a bother.
I would have recommended crucial or kingston hyper x but prices for them at 68.00+ oh hell no...

Good luck if he takes the offer up.

Back
Top Bottom