Dead Screen with fans on maximum - New asus rog g750jz-ds71

fredgboe

Beta member
Dead Screen with fans on maximum - New asus rog g750jz-ds71
So my new Asus Rog g750jz-ds71 just arrived today. I put the battery in and plugged it in and pressed the power button. It seems to turn on with the fans on maximum while the screen is black. There are no logos, words, or anything. The keyboard is unlit but the battery and power symbols near the bottom is on. I left it there for 10 mins but nothing came on.

I tried the hard reset, external monitor, and using it without the battery but none of those methods worked.

Specs:

Processor Intel® 4th Generation Core™ i7 4700mq
System Memory (RAM) 24GB
Type of Memory (RAM) DDR3L
Computer Hard Drive Size 1TBHDD + 256GBSSD
Graphics NVIDIA GTX 880M 4Gb Dedicated
Operating System Windows 8.1 64-bit

Unplug the laptop, remove the battery, and press the power button. Leave it sit for a few minutes, then replace the battery / plug it in and try to boot up.

Doing that resets a chip on the board and can sometimes alleviate issues like this.

Otherwise if that doesn't work... I'd get a replacement ASAP since it's a brand new. No point in having to worry about something later on in the future if it's already started out like this ;).

Not really a fan of Asus gaming laptops anymore... I prefer MSI now. But yours does look pretty beastly according to the specs.

Unfortunately, that did not work. I think I'll ask for a replacement tomorrow. Thank you for your help, though.

Yeah, since it's a brand new system, and essentially DOA... might as well contact support and either see if they can get it running or offer a replacement.

Would try to offer more advice, but sometimes taking the bottom panel off the laptop to get to the internals voids the warranty... so best to avoid doing that.

Back
Top Bottom