CPU or GPU?

Not really. The only difference between the Pentium high ends and the i3 is HT.

Here in the US the 4130 and G3450 has a 25 dollar difference but are pretty much the same CPU.

If you can wait like a week the G3258 is the Anniversary Edition chip. It is only 75 bucks but can be overclocked on any S1150 board. If you can get a decent overclock on it you'll be getting i5 performance in a lot of games.
Hmm... checking up on it, the two processors seem almost identical if not for hyper threading. This gives me something to think about...
Whats your impression about those 8 megs of ram? Add the fact that im a minimalist when it comes to OS, thus i always have the minimum of softwares/services/visuals allowed on windows. No aero or anything the like.
Considering this, do you you think there would be still much use for that extra 4gb ram?

i run 8GB ram. i will eventually get to 16GB but i don't have the need to do so right now.
you'll be fine with 8. ram is expensive right now.

Hmm... checking up on it, the two processors seem almost identical if not for hyper threading. This gives me something to think about...
Whats your impression about those 8 megs of ram? Add the fact that im a minimalist when it comes to OS, thus i always have the minimum of softwares/services/visuals allowed on windows. No aero or anything the like.
Considering this, do you you think there would be still much use for that extra 4gb ram?
They are the same CPU without HT. If you get the 3258 you have the ability to overclock which would give you quite an edge with the budget rig as well. HT makes no difference in games, but being able to clock that thing to around 4GHz with a small heatsink setup (like the CM 212 EVO) will give you i5 performance in games that are heavily single threaded.

If you want to game having 8GB of RAM is pretty impartial. A lot of newer games take between 2 and 3GB of RAM only leaving you with 1GB of the OS. You can do 4 now, but you'll find you will want more rather soon. 8GB is really the sweet spot, and IMO getting the G3258 would be a better idea than getting an i3 anyways.

Yup just stash some cash away and get some thing nice later. New stuff hitting the market in the next few months. So some stuff might drop in price to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tech-Forums

Back
Top Bottom