BSOD and no post

Carnage if he took out all of his ram and powered on the machine and nothing beeped or chimed.
That would indicate cpu failure, if the mobo did beep and constantly beeped that would indicate a ram problem.

He may want to look at online manual beep code to be sure of this or any other beeps.

Carnage if he took out all of his ram and powered on the machine and nothing beeped or chimed.

It can be either board or CPU. I would say board first, because that would be more likely to go bad before a CPU would; that's what I've always encountered at least with boards that don't beep without any RAM.

well i hope it is the cpu and not the board but i still think because of what happened right before all this started that its the psu failing or starting to fail

if the mobo isnt getting enough power it wouldnt beep either right ?

i checked the mobo through and through and didnt see any sign of failure like leaky capacitors or anything like that

I also checked the cpu itself and it looks fine.

the psu is over 7 years old so along with the symptoms I am hoping thats what the problem is

thanks for all the input guys

well if u find that it isnt the psu then i would pray its the board cuz a board can be a lot cheaper to replace than the cpu in most cases anyways.

in that case hope for the cpu lol. i do hope u find the issue. i wanted to cry wen my old rampage 3 died thank good asus was awesome to help me out.

I just found out that I may have been hacked/attacked

is it possible for someone to destroy my system bios from a remote system ?

if so how can i fix it or find out if i was attacked

would flashing the bios fix this ?

Back
Top Bottom