[Cyprus 29] Cooler Master HAF935 : New Build!

Even if it leaked a little the trim will block all the seams with another layer of reinforcement. Here is the first trim panel I set up. I am bringing it up and around the fittings on all panels of both reservoirs. The trim will also be masked off and painted copper once glued on for a white-copper-white-copper contrast.

RYXXiaq.jpg

nODq9R7.jpg

tPgPL62.jpg

8NLTgPC.jpg

YfYd20y.jpg

2ZZHdZN.jpg

wWdatbt.jpg

Here is the trim in its glory. I am going to glue it square to the bottom right and flush cut the overhang. Then get it done.

CDlaosw.jpg

Well thats what I have for now. Hope you enjoyed it! Always love some feedback! I plan to have both reservoirs trimmed, mounted and connected for the next update. There are only a few things left that I can do before installing hardware, its finally getting to that point!! The CNC was eating my funds but after this friday I will be able to spend money on components. I already have my hardware decided and water loop as well. If you want to stay up to date on my progress daily check out my modding page Clockwerk Case Mods. Until next time modders!!

hahaha dude I know, I am not feeling good about either of those trims lol, thats why I think I am going to go with acrylic.

Lol I didn't mind the trim; it's just the fittings look like eyes, which makes the cutout look like a mouth and the whole thing look like a face lol.

[Cyprus 29] Cooler Master HAF935 : Update 8 : June 24th : Custom reservoir trim!

Hey everybody! I got a whole lot of update here today! Hope you all enjoy! I have a ton of photos so lets get right into it!

First and foremost thanks to my awesome sponsors! You guys are truly amazing!!

prYgepC.png

Alright first thing I got some more parts in. Mod/smart sent me in the power and reset switches along with spools and spools and spools of PSU pins for sleeving my own cables!! I am now stocked and I love it!

5y2sacD.jpg

dbNvm11.jpg

Z4repaK.jpg

MpeQjEL.jpg

I recently had inquiries to make custom handmade reservoirs for some peoples builds after sharing pictures of mine. So I picked up a new 15/32 plastic drillng bit and a new syringe. These larger syringes are the way to go, they don't jam up and explode solvent everywhere.

JYR98cl.jpg

4N8e48q.jpg

Alright some modding! I painted the connectors needed to get my power supply sleeved, I hope to get that sleeved for next update.

bZfIYY2.jpg

gwGYwyM.jpg

UKL25I9.jpg

jDcdFtx.jpg

Speaking of sleeving I found this paracord online and the color is called rust, it is really really close to the metallic copper. I think I will use it for some accent striped between the white.

BHHwC5N.jpg

nwvv5gO.jpg

Alright now into the reservoir work, there is quite a bit of it =D

First up was finishing the bottom reservoir. First cut all the pieces the drill and tap what needed to be, then glue together.

CId0reE.jpg

RlWo2zW.jpg

b5a9Cqj.jpg

7kG6n3I.jpg

g9ugem6.jpg

Then fit it together, glue it, and leak test it. This one is much better than my first. I had a dulling router bit and it was just a crap finish the first time, I didn't even share it. This one glued up mint with no leaks!

mapcc3V.jpg

QTYFiSp.jpg

kmiYWNl.jpg

AfISaCR.jpg

Next up was trimming both reservoirs. I have tons of photos as I shared every day but I am going to kind of broaden it out so my update doesn't have 150 photos of me cutting on the scroll saw haha

4IF4uAd.jpg

LGZJZvL.jpg

QZLGEkY.jpg

D034exV.jpg

Z2XZpDY.jpg

N4G0XB9.jpg

When I cut the trim I would do one axis at a time and flush cut the trim even with the edge on my router table.

82CUew9.jpg

VD7gjKz.jpg

qAEc73l.jpg

b6Uk1js.jpg

O4laLa8.jpg

hLQ9eGj.jpg

X5ecvlP.jpg

After all the trim was on I was really happy with the way it came out! In the next update I should have the trim painted and installed correctly.

k92uAFy.jpg

bjCytRe.jpg

Next up was mounting the reservoirs. The top res is fastened to he motherboard tray and the bottom one is now flush with the front face of the bezel after some modding =D. I have to attach it with a screw or 2 when I have it exact. The bottom bezel will get some more detail treatment eventually.

kXp30IT.jpg

mH7tAI5.jpg

UQf9sJE.jpg

3l763MJ.jpg

6LzmaiU.jpg

s2xQLeg.jpg

HEVcSPs.jpg

FVQ7SUW.jpg

tDX8b5t.jpg

hfkpOCR.jpg

Next up I didn't like using the mesh panel drive bay port cover for the bulkheads, it didn't seem professional or rigid enough. so I made one from acrylic and it is currently in place with some 3m mod tape, I will probably glue it in after the bezel is done and repainted but it looks much nicer than had before.

bYgAy4D.jpg

0tv0Ayw.jpg

lehE48j.jpg

ZrReYwb.jpg

libsLqC.jpg

Now I am ready to run a couple PETG tubes from top res to the bulkheads.

HM7pYBQ.jpg

1vzd8Nr.jpg

Some soapy water for the rubber insert.

J0gZTxo.jpg

I made my own jig to bend tubing at the exact length it needed to be.

3mNxT72.jpg

2v7iveb.jpg

xVJUcQ3.jpg

JV84yPc.jpg

It was worth it because the tubes are nearly identical. I have a little trimming to tweak them to perfect but Ill do it later.

EZhsdZy.jpg

WmF3hI8.jpg

g9x4QKB.jpg

This is where I am now! I am super happy with the way its looking! I can't wait to get some hardware in this build!

E0hoS57.jpg

CcVtznQ.jpg

Well thats where I am at for now! I hope you all enjoyed the update! If you want to follow me daily dont forget to check out my facebook page Clockwork Case Mods! Also remember I still have aluminum case cubes available and I have people now inquiring about custom reservoirs, so PM me on my page if you would like something made! Cheers!

Update 9 : July 10th : z97, Power supply mod, Swiftech sponsors build!

Hey there everyone! Very exciting news for the build, Swiftech has jumped on board and sponsored the build with the rest of the watercooling parts I needed!

BEfFi9B.jpg

Very excited, things are just getting better and better! Now I can afford to put 2x 780s in the build and I will cool them with the Komodo blocks!

I delayed the update 2 days waiting on some parts to arrive to photo out and add into the update. I Also recieved my prizes from my article in Custom PC magazine, one of those prizes being 2x 256gb solid state drives from Corsair, which I will be using in this build in Raid 0.

Another item in is my Asus z97 Sabertooth board which is absolutely awesome! I wanted a solid motherboard that is good for modding and this one is the best of both worlds! The main modding I did was on my power supply for this update, my case is tore down and I am doing another round of details as I build it up, so the next update will be a lot of that.

Before I get ahead of myself lets start the update! First thing first thank you very much to all of my sponsors, you guys are awesome! Very grateful to be where I am today!

YRnI8Xx.png

Okay here are the parts that came in Ill start with the Swiftech goodies!

a9AIxBu.jpg

First the radiators, a dual and triple 120mm. The dual is for the front under the bay waterfall and the triple is for the ceiling exhaust. These will be painted copper.

yeahcfJ.jpg

w5TvpwC.jpg

0Bk82Rv.jpg

Next up is this beautiful CPU block, the Apogee XL, right now this has got to be the best looking CPU block on the market, that is my opinion. I chose the clear acrylic, and Ill be modding it white and copper with the white LED.

ZG2r2Ed.jpg

0TFeHd4.jpg

M0HbUPj.jpg

AEINqRY.jpg

Love this =D

JChXOpM.jpg

Now the new Komodo-NV GPU blocks! These boys are very clean with an industrial feel! There is an LED panel inside with removable filters for the colors. I didnt mess with that yet, I will have in depth more detailed photos of the hardware again when I do the modding on all of it.

AQrcghD.jpg

yNPF2P0.jpg

T1Hnpql.jpg

jKfB3hg.jpg

Back
Top Bottom