Bsod on startup, cannot boot into windows at all.

Imnotgoodatfixing

Solid State Member
Bsod on startup, can't get to boot screen.
Yesterday I was on my laptop and it was working completely fine. I was installing a minecraft mod and all of a sudden the window vanished. Checked taskmgr and it was not running. I turned off my laptop via power switch.
The next morning I started it up and was browsing the internet on my ipad. I noticed that a window saying "your computer was not able to start" and thought I hit a wrong button on the keyboard to make it pop up, so I turned it off via power switch. I turned it back on and noticed a blue flash that lasted a split second. It restarted and I pressed f8 and selected startup recovery. It ran and said it had failed leaving error code 0x1f. I googled what this meant and it says to download a program but I don't Have another laptop plus it can't even get past 1 second of the boot screen without bsoding. I am using windows 7 starter.

On the F8 menu you were on before, select "Disable restart on system failure" and try to let it boot up.

Post the BSOD info here... What we need is: the text in all caps at the top, the STOP code at the bottom (including its parameters), and if a driver file is referenced below the STOP code (something like FILENAME.SYS).

After you record that info down and post it here, try booting into Safe Mode from the same F8 boot menu and see if you can get into Windows that way.

On the F8 menu you were on before, select "Disable restart on system failure" and try to let it boot up.

Post the BSOD info here... What we need is: the text in all caps at the top, the STOP code at the bottom (including its parameters), and if a driver file is referenced below the STOP code (something like FILENAME.SYS).

After you record that info down and post it here, try booting into Safe Mode from the same F8 boot menu and see if you can get into Windows that way.

INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE 0x0000007b (0x80786b50,0xc0000034,0x00000000,0x00000000) safe mode gets to 4th system file and bsods on me, all 3 safe modes do the same.

Last edited:
Which is the "4th system file" ?

Try booting back into the Recovery Mode, and choose the Advanced Options and then open the Command Prompt option, and type in:

chkdsk c: /f /r

and press enter and see if it can find/scan the HDD

Which is the "4th system file" ?

Try booting back into the Recovery Mode, and choose the Advanced Options and then open the Command Prompt option, and type in:

chkdsk c: /f /r

and press enter and see if it can find/scan the HDD

When you boot into safe mode, it loads different files.
Chkdsk found and is scanning the disk.

So what did chkdsk come up with when it ran? Anything?

Have you gotten the BSOD info needed yet?

So what did chkdsk come up with when it ran? Anything?

Have you gotten the BSOD info needed yet?

It's still scanning, I have 320gb hdd.
There is no more info I can give you about the bsod , there is no driver file under the stop code, but if this helps I have classpnp.sys that other people are having trouble with.
Also tomorrow I have access to another computer. So if there is anything you want me to download to fix the problem, just tell me.
Edit: chkdsk is done, 1288kb bad sectors if there is any more info you need tell me

Last edited:
That's quite a bit in bad sectors... IMO your HDD is slowly dying.

Are you able to boot into Windows now, or no?

Back
Top Bottom