ECS G41T-M6 cpu support

No i didnt cuz i dont have 1...I'll get 1 tommorow maybe.Btw if u can tell me how to update the bios cuz ecs utility wont work

I thought you said you already updated your BIOS?

As BigDog said, you need to apply new thermal paste everytime you remove your CPU cooler from your CPU. Guarantee that's why it's running hot, and possibly why you're seeing lower FPS, because it could be throttling itself to compensate for the heat.

You'll need to clean the old paste off first before applying new paste. Do this by using coffee filters (because they're non-lint and super cheap to get for a large amount) and isopropyl alcohol (the highest percentage you can get... 90% or more is recommended). Just wet the coffee filter a bit with the alcohol, and then wipe away the paste on both the CPU and the cooler's heatsink.

After that, apply a rice-sized dot (too much will give you issues) of thermal paste in the middle of the CPU and push the cooler back on top of the CPU, and secure it. The weight/pressure of the cooler and clips will spread out the thermal paste evenly itself.

Your processor is throttling. Another thing is if your bios isn't fully recognizing your CPU it could also cause performance issues. Use CPU-Z standalone to check and make sure your CPU is being recognized by the bios.

I would not OC at all with that board or you risk blowing your board.

I thought you said you already updated your BIOS

I think i did but it still says its Version 1.The only thing changed is the date of version release.

Use CPU-Z standalone to check and make sure your CPU is being recognized by the bios.

already done it and it's recognized!

Thanks guys for helping me out.I'll go to buy a paste tommorow and i'll let you know.

I think i did but it still says its Version 1.The only thing changed is the date of version release.

already done it and it's recognized!

Thanks guys for helping me out.I'll go to buy a paste tommorow and i'll let you know.

The board version itself is revision 1 and a bios update won't change that.

Sent from my Z740 using TechForums

Ok guys problem solved.Thanks for everything.The actual problem was the cooler.I bought a new 1 and now everything works very well.

Back
Top Bottom