what video card

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pimped400ex

Solid State Member
Right now i have a ati radieon 9600 extacy. It does not play half life 2 well enough. It doesnt play smooth, and i cant turn up the settings. I need a better gfx card. What is the best i can possibly get for around or under 250. Thanks, ryan

get a 6800.......i think you should be able to afford that, don't know whether you are talking of dollers or pounds.

dollars, sorry. What advantages are there for ati, vs nvidia. I hear the first of this year coming up that ati is releacing a bunch of new cards, is this true? Thanks

i'm talking about $ as well.

u can get 128MB 9800PRO for 220 (the Original ATi Built), other manufacturer's as well u might can get lower priced, but recomended is that you buy ATi Built.

Isn't the 6800 like 400?

Secondly, the XFX 6600 Ultra I think it is, outperformed ATI's 9800 Pro in the majority of games tested and in the 3DMark 2005 benchmark (according to tomshardware.com) so I think that should be a consideration. It's like $240.

I am personally wrestling between a 9800 and 6600 myself. The 9800 seems to have reliability and tried-and-true spirit, but the 6600 seems to be faster.

great, im not really that conserned, so long as they are close in performance, and better then the one i have now. So long as i can play smoothly. thats all that matters. Im gunna check into the 6600

Have u seen them playing half life 2. Cuz right now, all i care about is that game, i want the settings up as high as they can go, and still be smooth. Would i be able to do that with the 6600 or the 9800.

Look up the results of the Half Life 2 test on tomshardware.com.

Do a search. Neither one completely smokes the other.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom