Heatsink Is Too Loud

Status
Not open for further replies.

Megadeth2

Daemon Poster
I have an Intel Pentium 4 520 with an Abit AA8-Duramax. Using the uGuru overclocking utility, I was able to overclock the 520 from 2.8 GHz all the way up to 3.54 GHz stable and I'm not at a wall yet.

Here are my settings:
14 x 253 = 3540
4 x 253 = 1012 (FSB)
1.4375 VCore
1.90 DDR V
1.70 Northbridge V
1:1 CPU:Mem Ratio
Cool Settings
Idle: 47C & 2460 RPM
Full Load: 61C & 3800 RPM
Intel HS/F

I want to overclock this higher, but I can't since I hate loud computers and the heatsink is right now driving me crazy at 3800 RPM. Would getting a better case with 3 case fans be better? or a better heatsink?

If you are planning on going any higher then i would seriously consider getting some water cooling for your cpu, you can only go so far with a heatsink and fan. Keeping the cpu nice and cool makes sure that it will last for a while, high temps nock off a few years off the life.

well right now, water cooling is not an option as my case is trash...i mean i'll be happy if i can shave off 3-4 degrees with like three case fans, even a special case fan would be nice and a bettter case

that i am not sure, but it is quietest and has 92MM fan on it, and is considered the best (dry fan).

there are 2 versions coming, 1 is AL-CU (aluminium and copper) and other is Copper only, but CU only will be expensive and will be heavier. typical weight is 780 grams.

will cost around 20£ (i'm from UK) so check prices for USA as if u r from there.

the model 7000 comes with 92MM fan and i believe they came up with 7700 model number as well with 120MM fan. that will obvioulsy be huge and heavier (aroung a KG)

and you cn check out their website for more information, as its been log i didnt went there to see what they are up to now.

www.zalmanusa.com

best is you 'll get the AL-CU 7700

benefits:

1: larger fan = more quieter and more air
2: AL-CU is lighter = 600 grams just 150 grams heavier than typical intel fan

3: it will not only cool CPU, but as well other things around the CPU.

a faster fan means better cooling
a bigger fan means better cooling
although a faster fan means more noise

if you want to go high end, Thermalright have about the best heatsinks, about as good as watercooling. there is one which you can put a 90mm fan on, and one which you can put a 120mm fan on

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom