dodgy dvd drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boris

Beta member
hello! nice forum here,see if any peeps can help me with a problem with my samsung pc dvd-drive. basically... it wont read dvds,i hav only ever had it running warner dvds,like three kings,the matrix and true romance,but now not even those can be read,i use power dvd as software but my samsung sd-608. It just says it cant read the disk and spins but will read most normal games cds (had trubble reading cd-r as well) but does read most other disks other than dvd n cd-r

CAN ANYONE HELP ME OUT?? please... any and all suggestions are welcome :cool:

hello! nice forum here,see if any peeps can help me with a problem with my samsung pc dvd-drive. basically... it wont read dvds,i hav only ever had it running warner dvds,like three kings,the matrix and true romance,but now not even those can be read,i use power dvd as software but my samsung sd-608. It just says it cant read the disk and spins but will read most normal games cds (had trubble reading cd-r as well) but does read most other disks other than dvd n cd-r

CAN ANYONE HELP ME OUT?? please... any and all suggestions are welcome :cool:

Same problem

I have the same problem. My DVD in my pc will play any game, read anything that we have written, or play music CDs. The DVD and CD players are one unit, just in case that wasn't clear. I have played several DVD's with it.

Lately, one of the DVD's had PC Friendly program with it and we loaded it. Then our DVD's would not play. I'm not accusing this program, unless.......

Chopper, mentioned 2 lasers on a single unit; one for CD's and one for DVD's. How do you test to see if one is "burnt out" or if that is the problem?

Any other suggestions? Time for a new unit, or time for repair?

Same problem

I have the same problem. My DVD in my pc will play any game, read anything that we have written, or play music CDs. The DVD and CD players are one unit, just in case that wasn't clear. I have played several DVD's with it.

Lately, one of the DVD's had PC Friendly program with it and we loaded it. Then our DVD's would not play. I'm not accusing this program, unless.......

Chopper, mentioned 2 lasers on a single unit; one for CD's and one for DVD's. How do you test to see if one is "burnt out" or if that is the problem?

Any other suggestions? Time for a new unit, or time for repair?

Welcome to the forum Boris.

Well, for you DVD problem, you could try to download the WinDVD trial and see if that helps. When i had my DVD drive i used PowerDVD 4 and it served me great. The only problem that i had with my dvd drive was when i was gonna burn Cd's and it told me that the data cannot be read...that happend in Easy Cd Creator 4; but then I bought nero and the same thing happend and I found just one file on a forum that fixed it all. I dont know if you are having any Cd-Rw problems though. You are right however; not one single DVD Player on the market right NOW has the ability to read all formats of DVD. I would try switching software and if that doesn't work call Tech Support or Return It. Also if you have added it to your system yourself I would check the wires and see if any are loose. Hope this helps.

cheers

Welcome to the forum Boris.

Well, for you DVD problem, you could try to download the WinDVD trial and see if that helps. When i had my DVD drive i used PowerDVD 4 and it served me great. The only problem that i had with my dvd drive was when i was gonna burn Cd's and it told me that the data cannot be read...that happend in Easy Cd Creator 4; but then I bought nero and the same thing happend and I found just one file on a forum that fixed it all. I dont know if you are having any Cd-Rw problems though. You are right however; not one single DVD Player on the market right NOW has the ability to read all formats of DVD. I would try switching software and if that doesn't work call Tech Support or Return It. Also if you have added it to your system yourself I would check the wires and see if any are loose. Hope this helps.

cheers

That helped!

Thanks Chopper, that helped me. I downloaded the trial version of WinDVD, installed and tried it out. Plugged in a DVD and it played. Looks like I'll be buying the full version now. :)

Does this mean my old software was out of date? or corrupted?

Do you think that PC Friendly would create any problems?

PS Found the trial version at http://www.intervideo.com/jsp/Home.jsp

Attachments

• 5713723789_20ef5488ce_z.jpg
    5713723789_20ef5488ce_z.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_6464.jpg
    IMG_6464.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_6466.jpg
    IMG_6466.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 5
That helped!

Thanks Chopper, that helped me. I downloaded the trial version of WinDVD, installed and tried it out. Plugged in a DVD and it played. Looks like I'll be buying the full version now. :)

Does this mean my old software was out of date? or corrupted?

Do you think that PC Friendly would create any problems?

PS Found the trial version at http://www.intervideo.com/jsp/Home.jsp

That's possible. Some software isn't as new and updated as some other better software that is. I'm glad that everything works for ya now.
And i dont think you will have any problems with PC Friendly.

What about you Boris any luck?

cheers

Attachments

• 83.jpg
    83.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 0
  • 84.jpg
    84.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 0
  • 85.jpg
    85.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 0
  • 100.jpg
    100.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 0
  • 101.jpg
    101.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 0
That's possible. Some software isn't as new and updated as some other better software that is. I'm glad that everything works for ya now.
And i dont think you will have any problems with PC Friendly.

What about you Boris any luck?

cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom