PSU Issues?

Microsoft must want folks to relay hate windows 8 by coming out with the 8.1 downgrade

I honestly like windows 8.1 I have a touch screen laptop that it's great for. Practical use and whatnot. But for gaming rigs Its a big steaming pile! I'm going to downgrade at some point

I added startisback to my widows 8.1 and it feels just like win 7 the way I have it set up and it boots so much faster, I agree in standard just installed format it stinks for gaming rigs but with a few setting changes it's great and when there is a Steam fail and we need to reboot I'm always the first one rebooted, friend has a very close system as mine except he's got an I7 and windows 7 and mine boots much faster. I like win 8.1

I just wish I knew what was over heating in my pc. None of my heat monitors are picking up any kind of excess heat. Overheating hasn't been a problem until recently. At first the game crashes were from my sound card. Now if I don't set my fans to manual at at least 80% I get BSODs about 15 mins to a half hour into gaming. It's not really an issue besides how loud the fans get. I'd still like to figure out the cause though.

Well you still haven't provided me with the info or screenshots I have requested from before.

Seriously, turn Kombustor and Prime95 on at the same time with Coretemp running and let it run for 10 or so minutes.

If CPU is over 75c or GPU over 95c you have problems.

Only other suggestion I can make is make sure ALL C States, Speedstep and power options are turned on in the bios. 8.1 can be finicky. Can also check for a recent bios for the motherboard.

As far as screen shots that will be tricky. I don't have internet. I'm using this forums app on my phone. $3200 gaming rig and no internet..wtf right? I'm probably going to have to have someone come and take a look at it. I only have an above basic understanding of gaming computers.

As far as screen shots that will be tricky. I don't have internet. I'm using this forums app on my phone. $3200 gaming rig and no internet..wtf right? I'm probably going to have to have someone come and take a look at it. I only have an above basic understanding of gaming computers.

You have a camera on your phone, right? ;)

Or you could copy the screenshots over via USB to your phone and upload that way.

I'm usually on the forums practically 24/7 but I was without internet for about 2 weeks recently so it happens.

I don't necessarily need screen shots, but I have outlined what you need to do and what temps are too high. To help you not needing to navigate for these files on your phone here are the links to Prime95 and Coretemp.

Prime95 (32bit) - 25.11 Download - EXTREME Overclocking
http://www.alcpu.com/CoreTemp/php/download.php?id=3

Run both those and Kombustor at the same time for 10-20 minutes to get a real load temp.

Thank you for the links. I'll see if I can download them to my phone and transfer them over. I can say right now while just running Kombuster with the "furry and tessy" test my GPU topped out at 83°c. I'll post further results shortly

Back
Top Bottom