Upgrading graphics card & power supply

Well for right now to get you going all you need to do is try plugging the power button cable in. It won't hurt it to just plug it in randomly anywhere in the FP area (just not anywhere else). When it's plugged in right your PC will turn on when you push the button in.

ok thanks ill try that right now

Well it finally works, again few questions.
My pc slower now for some reason(i think), also i could connect the big blue wire for video only to motherboard is that right? (cant install video drivers because it doesn't recognize my card, because big blue wire is plugged in to motherboard?)

And do i have to plug in both cables for my motherboard to PSU? there is ~20 pin and ~10?pin i tried only with ~20 first and my pc didnt start.
Right now i connected them both, i don't know if it should be like that.

After every PC restart video card fans go crazy(and stay that way) or just spins slow..

Edit: also there's no sound
Idk if i should install new drivers or something..

Edit2: yep i had to install audio codecs/drivers again, i don't know if it's because i changed my case or that i used that DDU program..

Last edited:
You need to go into the bios to try and disable onboard video.

Which blue wire? Do you mean the VGA cable? Did you plug the PCI-E 6pin power cables into your video card?

See above.

You need to go into the bios to try and disable onboard video.

Which blue wire? Do you mean the VGA cable? Did you plug the PCI-E 6pin power cables into your video card?

See above.
Yes i think VGA cable, the one that goes into your monitor too.

Yea i did, 2 of them, 1st - 8pin, right next to it 2nd - 6pin.

Maybe you have skype/steam or anything like that? It would be faster and easier for us, at least for me.
You can remove me after if you want.

I disabled onboard card reader in bios that didnt do anything. I still can't install video drivers and my card fans sometimes go crazy after a restart(and stay that way)
There is no other options about disabling onboard stuff

Sometimes my resolution changes after a restart too, windows update installed some Intel HD video thing

Edit: I have added you on steam, i've tried some things on my own but nothing worked

Last edited:
Sorry for double posting.
I am just hoping that someone else could reply faster about this.

I found an old vga adapter from an old pc, with it i could plug in vga cable straight into my graphics card (right now it's connected to the motherboard). Should i do that? Or it won't help at all and it's a stupid idea?

If i should do it, there are 2 places i can plug it in, does it matter which one?

Back
Top Bottom