GT780DXR GPU upgrade

Sorry for the unclear post.
The card works, but I can't install the drivers...
The nVidia site recognises the card, but won't install drivers.
The GeForce site doesn't recognise it automatically, but with adjustments on the .inf, the driver install starts, but reaches an error soon after.
Current thoughts are adjusting the vBios or finding a working driver...
Regards,
Jah

Lot of trouble for only marginal performance increase. A more logical option to me would have been the 675mx.

Anyways, you should be able to download the official drives off the Nvidia site for the card you put in your machine without any trouble. If it's not working then there is an incompatibility. For instance, you should be able to simply download the driver package for your OS and the 600m series and it should work automatically.

Lot of trouble for only marginal performance increase. A more logical option to me would have been the 675mx.

Anyways, you should be able to download the official drives off the Nvidia site for the card you put in your machine without any trouble. If it's not working then there is an incompatibility. For instance, you should be able to simply download the driver package for your OS and the 600m series and it should work automatically.

His other GPU died, so he had to replace it either way.

Hello gents,
Yeah, in hindsight I could've got a different card, next time.
Turned out the Dell card was incompatible, but I flashed the vBios with the MSI version and it has worked from there, however...
When playing the latest game I have (Wildstar), the card heads toward 75 degrees celcius then reboots the computer. After experimenting with various thermal paste applications, it can stay under for a couple of minutes with the fan at full, but always restarts.
My previous video card died playing this game...
Thoughts or theories, anyone?
Regards,
Jah

My 575m usually only hits 65-70 during gaming with the cooler booster on. The 580 is still a 575, but just clocked higher. Are you sure you didn't put too much paste on and/or secured it enough? Mine has hit 75-80 even I believe and not rebooted... Maybe the max temp isn't set correctly on the card's BIOS?

Thanks for closing the other thread, I wasn't sure what to do with it.
I'm no professional, but I have been building computers for the better part of my short life.
I tried a bunch of different methods of applying the thermal paste, including the 'dot' of various sizes, 'cross', 'line' and spreading it evenly myself.
The last worked best, but even with the fan on 100%, it overheated in about 10 minutes.
It is secured by mounted screws on the heatsink itself, and I guess that's been correct, due to the suction seal on the heatsink each time I remove it.
Perhaps the max temp is not set correctly, do you have a method to check it and change it if necessary?
What should it be?
Thank you again for all your time, I really appreciate it.
Regards,
Jah

Back
Top Bottom