Confusion with celerons

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stupid

In Runtime
a couple of years ago i had a 800mhz celeron socket 370, once i built a new computer the celeron was left to collect dust in my atic until today i decided to get the most powerful celeron on the market. The thing i dont understand is that new celerons use socket 478, but they ar still called "celeron" and my old one is 370 so will my old mobo(for 370) support the new 478 socket.

P.S. dont ask me why im doing this i know celerons suck

They are still called celerons yes but they use the new socket and are not compatable with the older motherboard.

Josh

Stupid said:

P.S. dont ask me why im doing this i know celerons suck

Celerons aren't crap at everything.....they can..............well.............you can type stuff......and..........................go on the net......and thats about it i think. :p :D

foget it im gona build a "value" pc and give to someone
from ebay its gona be athlon xp based.

celerons arent bad, my first pc was celeron 333Mhz, and i did use to run SQL server on it.

newest ones are on socket 775, but you can still find the northwood on 478 pin package.

you have to change the motherboard definately. newest ones are called celeron D btw. rather than celerons only.

Celeron's aren't that bad, a 2.8GHZ Celeron D will be able to run HL2 well. the performance difference is about 5% between a P3/P4 of the same frequency
a Celeron at 3GHZ will perform rougly the same as a 2.8GHZ P4

the socket 370 Celerons are a budget version of the Pentium 3's, and the socket 478 ans 775 Celerons are a budget version of the Pentium 4's

if you want to use your socket 370 celeron, you need to find a socket 370 board and parts that will run in it
did you say you got a socket 478 Celeron?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom