PSU Issues?

Yellow is where front audio plugs in. Red is where you plug your USB3 in. You can plug USB2 into either of those headers in the green box.

Capture.png

Hey fellas. Not sure if this is still open. But I'm getting more BSODs. Unfortunately I have windows 8.1 and there are no numbers to write down. All it says is "uncorrectable error" and then it restarts. And again.. it only happens when I'm playing games. It was working without problems for a long time. Then I get halfway through the new wolfenstein game and I'm getting them out of nowhere.

See if there are any logs under C:\Windows\Minidump

If there are...zip them up and upload them here and we can analyze them.

Nothing in the minidump file. It showed no signs of overheating. I have fan monitoring software.and hardware. It showed no signs of overheating. But oddly enough I set my fans to manual at 80% to test it. And it didn't crash in the usual time.
I stopped pc gaming for several years. Now I'm beginning to understand why haha

If you set your fans to 80% and it didn't crash in the usual time then that would give you reason to believe it's heat related ;)

Use MSI Kombustor to monitor GPU and stress it. Use standalone Coretemp and Prime95 to stress CPU.

I have kombuster and afterburner. Afterburner is what I use to Co tool my fan speed. But it's still odd that neither of my temp monitors picked up on that.

Temp monitors don't tell you if there is an issue, they just show you the temp. Need to find out the load temp of both your CPU and GPU by stressing them with the above programs for 5-10 minutes a piece.

Back
Top Bottom