Sennheiser g4me zero

x51noob

In Runtime
So these sound like crap on my rog mobo with supremefx...my turtle beach x12 blow them out of the water....faulty mobo or is the supreme fx just not supreme enough for these 150ohm beasts?

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

If by "blow out of the water" you mean loudness wise, then yea you will need a headphone amp that can push 150ohm headphones. The X12s have a USB headphone amp built in.

Great... Any suggestions as to where to start...sound cards or amps are the one thing I've done zero research on

Not really the most ideal solution, but if you are on a budget I'm using this Behringer amp that I got from Musicians Friend for like 30 bucks. It's pushing my XB700s rather easily.

If you want to spend a little more cash you have 2 options. You can get a FiO that gives you a very nice USB DAC and headphone amp in a nice portable package or you can get a Schiit headphone amp. There are obviously other options, but these are the ones I have personally looked into for purchase.

So mayflower electronics has what people say is a really good amp. Objective 2.... The amp is 120.00...the amp/dac combo is like 270.00....do I need a digital audio converter or will my onboard suffice? I'm sure it would sound a little better but THAT much better?

02 and Schiit are pretty much "same thing" just different company.

Depending on what board you have the Supreme FX should have a decent DAC on it already. The FiiO e17 is a DAC and Headphone amp in one without all the extra desk clutter if you want to just try and see if it would sound better. IMO you just need something to push the headphones impedance.

Cool that's kinda what I was thinking too thanks. Can't wait till I get this all sorted out....amp + monitor = finished..... Probably....

Yea i saw those the other day actually. For me I have a smallish desk and its already cluttered. 2 cords on my headphones is a bit much. If there is ever a wireless version some way some how now that would be pretty nifty.

I wouldn't complain about desk clutter if you were looking into getting a separate DAC and headphone amp from either Mayflower or Schiit. I plan on just using small cable straps for mine.

Back
Top Bottom