PC for GF

aylee

Baseband Member
You guys helped me build a awesome pc a year or so ago and now my GF is wanting one. She wont be doing any video editing or anything like that. She would like it to run basically any game now or in next 2-3 years on ultra easily. She does not need a HDD since i have an extra i'm going to give her, but she will need a SSD (cuz they are they ****). Doesn't matter if its AMD or intel as long as it runs **** without lagging. Cheaper the better but trying to budget around $700 for it, Can go up to ~$1000 if it will make a huge impact but needs to be cost effective. Also will NOT be overclocking it so that can shave off some money (wont need cooler)

2-3 years easily on Ultra? Not with that budget sir. Also depends greatly on the resolution and specific games in question.

Next gen games are finally dropping now, and requirements and graphics fidelity will just go up. For Ultra 2-3 years from now you're looking at spending $$$$ on a few GPUs.

Ok maybe not for next 2-3 years, she wont be playing anything like crysis most likely. Right now shes looking at Wow, maybe some skyrim, final fantasy XIV. Nothing godly.

That's why I mentioned my second sentence. Things are just looking up from here and it'll get harder to play things on high with medium range gear again.

What I can do right now is just make a build based on your budget for gaming and go from there. Without extra cash that's about all I can do for you.

Is the OS required too?

dont include OS, i have a copy of windows 7 ultimate i can use. If you can that would be awesome ty! Id like to use Final Fantasy XIV as a bench mark. If it can run on ultra well then that should be fine for her.

For the case will any mid size tower work? in case she sees something that prettier to her lol.

Also could she shave off some money by going with an amd cpu without losing some power? she wont be streaming, video editing or any of that good junk

The best AMD CPU is the same price for less performance. Not to mention AMD platforms lack in features compared to the newer Intel platforms and there is no upgradability later.

Any mATX or ATX case will work. Just realize that cooling performance will be reduced greatly depending on what exactly she decides she wants.

Back
Top Bottom