New Desktop Drivers

dwarfdude77

In Runtime
Hi guys, I am going to be building a new desktop soon, and I would like to know beforehand what drivers I will need to install so that I can download them ahead of time. Thanks in advance!

Depends on what components you pick...lol.

Usually:

Chipset
LAN
Audio
Video
Wifi (if you plan on putting a wireless card, otherwise not required)

That would all depend on what parts you use to build it, every one has it's own drivers and come with a disk with drivers, Once you have the Ethernet driver installed then you can go to that companies web site and download the newest drivers, most of the driver disks will have old drivers because they get updated pretty often and by the time the sell the product with the driver disk they have newer drivers out.

Dauntae

That would all depend on what parts you use to build it, every one has it's own drivers and come with a disk with drivers, Once you have the Ethernet driver installed then you can go to that companies web site and download the newest drivers, most of the driver disks will have old drivers because they get updated pretty often and by the time the sell the product with the driver disk they have newer drivers out.

Dauntae

Thanks

Dauntae

Windows 7 should pick up like 90% of LAN drivers automatically on install. Not much of a reason to use the pre-supplied discs anymore unless absolutely necessary.

Back
Top Bottom