Overclcocking an nVidia FX 5200

Status
Not open for further replies.
well when you use the auto detect it will go to the highest SAFEST clock your card will go to depending on heat and so on. if you buy a vga cooler chances are the heat on your video card will go down depending on ur case temp, and it will allow the auto detect will clock your card higher. Or you could just oc the card like at 5mhz increments until u recieve artifacts. just make sure you dont have artifacts and if your machine crashes then you have a big problem w/ heat.

like colrful lines on your screen and just little things popping up like black dots. just your video starts acting wierd and puts things on the screen that obviously not supposed to be there.

yea just be fast about it. it will only take a little bit of time till your comp shuts dow(thats what mine does) and it shouldnt hurt it if you go to the max w/ out artifacts. if you get artifacts ounce and drop down to the last safe oc then you should be fine.

zimon said:
i hav my 5200 (128mb) at 300/480 with just a heatsink and no artifacts

Zimon

dam thats a pretty big oc for VGA. i dont really know heaps bout OCing VGA but i heard that most start to become unstable pretty soon.

beacause of this i havn't really looked into ocing my soon to be VGA but how far can i OC a 6600GT?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom