I'm confused, please beir with me,,,

Spud1200

Fully Optimized
When building a PC from Scratch, how important is the Architecture of the CPU and Motherboard in Question? I know of course that you cant fit a AMD CPU on an Intel Board so my point is when Building a Fresh System.. The System being built around the fact its AMD or Intel, and taking it further if you look at the say, Intel Range. The Various Architectures available, how important is it too choose one.

If I were too go for a System built around a Motherboard and connectivity I might not get the Performance from the CPU Chip say optimized for Games, but in regards too what available on the Market now, whats available, and how does it Impact on Daily Desktop Computing?

Yes- obviously you cant get a AMD mobo and use an Intel CPU in it. So do you mean -for example the Intel socket 1155 vs 1150? So second gen i5 vs third gen i5 ?

You build the PC for what your going to use it for. Like if is for gaming then you have to spend more on CPU and gpu and a descent power supply and such. If is for regular use like web,video just regular use. I'll be a lot cheaper to build.

So the bottom line is you build it for what you want! I do F@H, I've never read up lately on the optimization of what the Project is based around as in the architecture of the CPU and the GPU, as in what its geared towards. You could easy spend four Grand say for example of a High end system with Multi CPU and GPU, Running at say 32 GB too 64GB of internal memory.

Yeah, you could spend that much making an freaking incredible build but if u don't put it to use I'll be a lot of cash wasted. Intel is superior to and in the gaming department as far as other other tasks go I truly don't know. I mostly game on my rig.

I never Game on my setups because I haven't got the interest.. I'm just not interested in Gaming.. I was going too bye an Xbox. I know the Xbox One is out and the 360 are now Dated but I thought about getting an Xbox 360 because of all the games available and I couldn't do it because I didn't want too Mindlessly sit in from of the Computer Day in and Day out Gaming.

You see the thing is I don't work, and I can't so I do a lot of reading up on the forums, Wikipedia and online for example. I F@H because it has real Potential and I do a lot with my setups in the way of playing with old Kit but it seems too me now I'm getting older and ready too hit my 30's in two years, I'm just not happy.

I read contently but their is only so much you can do, and having agrophobia is not nice, I find at time the only talk I get in Days is on FB.

To be honest I'm not sure yet.. I'm going too build a Mid Range Rig, but I'm thinking about saving for a few a Months, If I do build anything, it will be bought from Play.com Online. I don't get paid until the end of the moth so I'll have too wait, and then I'm going too look at whats available.

If you strictly do F@H then you want a beastly GPU setup and that's about it. Nvidia GPUs are the choice for this particular setup. If you want to know more about CPU architecture itself just look at the thread I have posted just for that.

If you want the TL;DR version, Intel is basically superior in everything right now.

To be honest I'm not sure yet.. I'm going too build a Mid Range Rig, but I'm thinking about saving for a few a Months, If I do build anything, it will be bought from Play.com Online. I don't get paid until the end of the moth so I'll have too wait, and then I'm going too look at whats available.

If you go the intel route I recommend you save up about 850 pounds between now towards the end of august.
If you like you can purchase three main items within a price limit you setup.
Put it away until the rest comes in, I'll leave you with this.

If you do F@H, bit of video watching editing, maybe a steam game here and there and general desktop work...

Intel Core i5-3570, MSI Radeon R9 270X, Aerocool StrikeX-GT Black - System Build - PCPartPicker United Kingdom
That should keep you current for the next 5 years check with warrenties included with the parts you'll get.
My setup I showed you most of these companies are near the uk or in the uk area and most of them are nice.

Back
Top Bottom