GT780DXR Shutdown and won't boot

Jaheth

Baseband Member
Good Day all,

In advance I apologise if this is a repeat question, I have been through this forum and others looking for the answer to my problem, to no avail.

Details:
Whilst using my laptop under normal/heavy load in about 30 degrees (Celsius) weather, my laptop suddenly turned off without warning.
From that point, there has been no lights to indicate charging or power connected.
When it happened, the fan area was hot, but perhaps no hotter than usual.

I have tried various versions of taking the battery out, starting on just power, holding the power button down without battery or power connected then replacing the battery or power.

I've also tried starting it without the video card, RAM, CPU, hard drives, etc.

*Edit* So far the best result is a momentary flash on the battery light when attempting to start with battery in, but no CPU, HDD, optical drive, ram, GPU. */edit*

Thanks for your time,

Ben

Last edited:
Have you tried resetting the BIOS? Near the CPU, is a small connector that connects to the CMOS battery. Take out the battery, and unplug that connector for a few minutes. Then reconnect, put the battery back in, and attempt to boot up.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Solved.
Turns out I'm blind, it was the GPU after all. Just progressively replaced parts and realised.
Sorry for the trouble.
Anyone know the best GPU for GT780DXR that it can support?

Glad you got it sorted.

I can't remember That the best it can support is, but usually you will need to modify the heatsink to use a different card. I looked it up for my GT780DX and decided it wasn't worth the cost of the new GPU because they were wildly expensive. Even for used ones on eBay.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Currently thinking of the gtx675m, as it seems to be supported by the current heatsink and fan.
Hesitant to try a card that requires a new bios, as my current card is dead and thus get no visuals on boot...

Back
Top Bottom