About to pull the trigger on gaming PC

i cant max watch dogs just fine at both 1080 and 1440 on my 780 6gb. is not a GPU horse power issue some ppl with high end GPUs are having is not having enough VRAM on the card.

Right. Totally agree. It's just that game is bad. There's no excuse for a game that doesn't look as good as other titles to use that much memory

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

on the day time i agree but at night time with a storm the game looks freaking amazing.

Yes it's the VRAM that's the issue, If I was building new now I would be going for the most because it's good to have it, May or may not be the trend, we just don't know right now, BUT if it is and you didn't go for the extra then you'll be mad.

I can see both sides, the VRAM does make sense to me but I feel like optimization for other platforms is kind of half-assed

The game isn't bad, and actually it was specifically developed for the PC as Ubisoft said they would be doing for this generation quite a while back. The real problem is people aren't realizing that the Ultra textures says 3GB for a reason, and 8xMSAA says 2GB for a reason too. You need a heavy amount of AA to really properly play this game.

The shadows also play a huge role and once those get patched to perfection we won't be seeing too many FPS issues on higher end cards. People have to realize the game just came out like a week or so ago and if you turn certain settings down just a bit you'll be butter smooth.

Back
Top Bottom