1080 vs 1440

x51noob

In Runtime
Just curious which would look better for gaming. 1920x1080 running ultra settings or 2560x1440 running mid to high settings. Thanks

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

i had a 1440p monitor for a couple of weeks and it does look nicer but it also takes much more to run games at that resolution.

I'm sure I can run games fine at med to high settings. That's why I was wondering if a 1080 ultra would be better or a 1440 just with settings turned down.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

try it out and see if you like it. i got mine from amazon and sent it back with no issues and grabbed a 1080 144hz that PP recommended i like it so far.

1440 would be nice if more games supported it and if hardware could keep up with it just as easily as 1080. In a few years we will probably all be looking at getting 4k screens though. Hope hardware and game designers can keep up with that.

If your GPU can't handle 1440 though, stick with 1080. Nothing wrong with 1080 IMO.

Pretty sure that most all of the Blizzard titles won't allow that resolution due to "competitiveness". They tend to take an approach that they only allow things if it's mainstream. Took AGES to get official widescreen support for one of their games.

Back
Top Bottom