Experience w/ Lenovo

I'm thinking of getting this laptop IdeaPad Y510p High-Performance 15.6" Multimedia Laptop from Lenovo | Lenovo (CA) since it is onsale. I don't know anyone within my family or friends who has a lenovo. I was just wondering if anyone with experience with them can share info on the quality of their products.

Thanks,
Extreme112

I've had entirely garbage products from Lenovo, namely an original Y510, which was one design flaw after another, and which ultimately had it's GPU die, and hinges completely break.

On the other hand, the Lenovo Thinkpad e420 I have now has served me fantastically well and in the 2 and a half years I've owned it, not a single issue.

So I guess my experience is that the consumer line of Ideapads are not quite as good as the Thinkpads.

So I guess my experience is that the consumer line of Ideapads are not quite as good as the Thinkpads.

That's usually how it is. The business class of a brand is always better than the consumer class. Lenovo's ThinkPads are fantastic. HP's EliteBooks are great as well. I don't care for Dell's Latitudes / other businesses laptops though... still junk IMO.

I have a Thinkpad X220 tablet PC that gets beat worse than a red-headed stepchild. It's tough, but also kinda buggy.

As an IT pro, almost every office environment I've worked in so far has used Thinkpads, and for good reason. They're about the best you can find. I would stay away from the ideapad line, though, as quality drops off pretty radically when you move down from business to the consumer tier systems. You probably want a T or X series laptop, though I would caution against the x1 carbon or similar as you'll be tethered to a USB dock constantly if you want to have any ports to plug in to.

Back
Top Bottom