HD Monitor Audio

kidmo87

In Runtime
20140530_170706.jpgFirst I'm sorry if I've posted in the wrong place.
So I bought a Samsung T24C550ND Monitor. Im currently looking for a nice graphics card, so i cant use HDMI cord right now. I am using a vga to connect to my PC. My issue is i dont know how to get audio. The funny thing is, even my headphones cant fit into the input for headphones. I have been searching a lot on the internet with no success. Before i bought this monitor, i was using plug in speakers to the back of my PC. Please can anyone tell me why i cant plug my headphones into my monitor, and what i need to have audio through my built in speakers please? Thanks in advance. Here is a picture of the back of my monitor if that helps.

Attachments

• 20140530_232903.jpg
    20140530_232903.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
THAT would be a TV, To get your audio in you need a wire going frm your PC audio out plugged into the "PC/DVI audio in" plug, As for headphones you may be stuck having to get some with the right size plug, Can't really tell what size that one is but it does look like a normal headphone plug but some do use different ones although rare.

Dauntae

Hey thanks a lot guys. I talked to samsung on the phone, and still cant understand. I was told that the jack is 3.5mm and needs a 3 ring conductor on the jack, which is what ive been using. The lady offered to send someone, but i told her ill call back and schedule appointment if i cant figure it out. Has anyone ever heard of a mini jack? This is my product from their site T24C550ND - TECH SPECS | SUPPORT | SAMSUNG

Under interface, it says it needs a mini jack. and when i try to plug my headphones in, that are 3.5mm, it feels too big. Do i need to buy a mini jack adapter? thanks.

Well i dont mind doing that, whats really bothering me, is the dvi input for audio. Right now im using the rga input for video until i get either a better graphics card,or new pc. Im having the same issue with the dvi input for audio.

That's why I said just plug your headphones into your PC.

For the headphone jack on your TV to output audio you need to have an audio input source from your PC to the TV. That would mean, either having a 3.5mm to 3.5mm cable from your PC output jack to the PC/DVI input on the TV or having audio input via HDMI from the PC to your TV. VGA does not output audio so you would need to get the audio source from your PC to your TV before the headphone jack on the TV works.

Another thing thats throwing me off is that the manual says i need it to be 3 rings on the input, but the pictures they are showing only shows 2?

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 2
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 2
Back
Top Bottom