GHz Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

brianm8000

Baseband Member
I have a laptop and a desktop. When i go into system properties, it says that my prosessor is 1.83GHz on my computer and 1.79 on my laptop. Both are AMP Athalon XP's. But the funny thing is that the MHz(i think its that) is different 2400+ on the laptop, and 3200+ on the desktop

Whats the problem here?

Brian.

Are u sure ur fsb speed is set right it looks like its underclocked, the correct speed of the 3200+ shud be 2.2ghz, go into ur bios and check if it set right, the fsb shud be 400, but it appears urs is set on 333 - 333x5.5= 1.8315ghz.

I went into BIOS and i couldnt find fsb. What is fsb? How do i get to it, so i can clock my prossesor back to normal?

well it depends wat bios u have, on my old machine i had a crappy bios that didnt allow me alter anything, hope u dont. Wat motherboard do u have??? Did u set the jumpers on the motherboard correctly!!

looking at ur mobo manual, its jumper free!!!! when u go into bios go to the advanced menu and have a look round for fsb!!!

FSB stands for Frontside Bus. information travels through the motherboard in what is called a "bus". the 3200 chip can utilize a 400mhz FSB but if you're mobo only has a 333 FSB the chip will not do 400mhz and therefore it cannot run as fast. Kinda like having a really fast car, yet having to do the speed limit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom