I bit the bullet on a GPU

Eh I pretty much decided I don't really want to sell it anyways. I have a guy interested but I realized once I'm bored with Watch Dogs my upgrade bug will go away.

It wasn't so much the watch dog bug for me, just the trend of the next gen games and I don't want to have to run everything at lowest settings just to play, May be keeping this card for some time, Unless the 870 is saperbly better, I'll just stay with this one and who knows by then may find another cheap to SLI lol

Watch Dogs is supposed to be one of the first games properly developed for PC and it shows. If this is the continuing trend expect GPUs to be really hammered on later proper releases.

That's why I'll be looking at the 870 and how much improvement it is over the 770, not expecting it to be a worth while upgrade but will if it is.

if my 780 6gb last me a good while i might skip the 800 series and get the 900 series aka 800 series refresh lol.

My 780ti should last me a while with the 2880 cuda cores almost twice as many as the 770/680 problem is this darn 3gb memory. watch dogs runs just a litle over 3gb at max at 1080p now its not to bad because i was able to overclock my ram to 7.7ghz and that helped the stutter quite a bit but if the trend continues for games to use more than 3 gigs i will have a whole lot of gpu horse power with out the memory to back it up :(

Watch dog I don't think need as much of tthe HP as it does the ram, with my 770 I have almost everything maxed with I think one or two just on high and it runs very smooth but I have the 4 gigs or ram.

My 780ti should last me a while with the 2880 cuda cores almost twice as many as the 770/680 problem is this darn 3gb memory. watch dogs runs just a litle over 3gb at max at 1080p now its not to bad because i was able to overclock my ram to 7.7ghz and that helped the stutter quite a bit but if the trend continues for games to use more than 3 gigs i will have a whole lot of gpu horse power with out the memory to back it up :(
Take a look at the Watch Dogs thread in the PC Gaming sub forum. I have some settings that will work smooth with your 780ti. The stuttering is Ultra textures, AA and shadows.

Back
Top Bottom