I bit the bullet on a GPU

Dauntae

Fully Optimized
I REALLY wanted to wait for the GTX800 series but got watch Dogs and everywhere is saying I will need 3 gigs of VRAM to run smooth, Well I'm running SLI 470's and well, I'm a TAD short even if I added them together LOL So I broke down and got a GTX 770 and what do you know, It COMES with Watch Dogs LOL Fortunately I have not opened the game yet so still sealed and going back in the morning and hopefully they don't give me any issues. I found the 770 for $389 with the game so if I get the refund then it will actually be $329 out of pocket for the upgrade since I was buying the game any way (AND it makes me feel a little better being a tight ass LOL) Here is the card, Was going for my favorite EVGA but the card with the same clock settings is $429???? MSI is a good company and hopefully a good GPU.
Newegg.com - MSI Gaming N770 TF 4GD5/OC GeForce GTX 770 4GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card

Dauntae

I approximate the advice PP and I've looked at the 290X but hate the catalyst control center, I'm turning into a Nvidia fan boy I think. One of my systems has a ATI but for the higher end stuff I like Nvidia. Didn't do too bad, Ordered last night and already have the tracking number and should have it Friday. This morning I returned Watch Dogs and got my $60 AND I get to keep the pre order bonus so since I got the game with the card I actually got it for $329 with free shipping. So I didn't do too bad.

Dauntae

290, not 290x. Although the 290 is typically better than the 780 in most cases now with mature drivers for the cards. So, better than 770 on all fronts but I can understand preferring Nvidia drivers.

Right lol i remember you told me the 680 and 770 is the same card different name I forgot my bad lol

Last edited:
Wish we were closer, would have met up and purchased your 680, The 770 should last me a while anyway. I should have it Friday, No date put on the tracking yet but I usually get things from New Jersey within 2 days

Back
Top Bottom